Marowski was once a renowned drug kingpin and crime boss who controlled most of the drug trade in the Commonwealth. However, in 2267, a massive heist on Marowski's chem stash took place. Marowski put up a huge bounty on the perpetrators of the heist, but was unable to find out who they were. Meanwhile, the heist has ruined him financially, forcing him to strike a deal with his new competitor, Bobbi No-Nose and downsize his drug business until it was but a fraction of what it once was. Marowski never found out who carried out the heist, and on top of that, he is forced to pay a cut of his profits to Bobbi for the deal he made with her. He spends his days running whatever is left of his drug empire from Hotel Rexford, which he owns.
Even though his current influence is no longer what it is used to be, he remains a primary supplier of chems in the region and has a wide network of connections. The dealer maintains a hidden chem lab southeast of Goodneighbor, in the Four Leaf fishpacking plant, protected by a complex security system. Marowski also has a number of loyal associates working for him, most of whom are also responsible for looking after the Hotel Rexford. He has his bodyguard, Stan Slavin, Fred Allen, who peddles his chems out of the hotel, and Clair Hutchins, who manages the hotel. He also has a contact in Diamond City, the bartender Henry Cooke, who cooperates with him on a deal to smuggle chems into the city to circumvent Mayor McDonough's taxes through Cooke's representative Nelson Latimer. Latimer regularly meets up with Trish, another of Marowski's associates, to conduct chem deals for her boss.
By day Marowski can be found in his office in the Rexford Hotel. At night he sleeps in the room adjacent to the room that the hotel rents out.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Diamond City Blues: Upon completion of this quest, should Trish or Nelson Latimer survive, Marowski will confront the Sole Survivor about the failed deal and demand that they pay him 2,000 caps, though this can be negotiated to 1,000 caps with a speech check. Failing to do so within a week will cause a group of Triggermen to occasionally spawn in Diamond City or Goodneighbor and attack the player character. Alternately, if the quest is completed and Nelson Latimer is killed, his father Malcom Latimer will confront the Sole Survivor and demand answers about his son's death. If a Charisma check is passed convincing him that Marowski was responsible, Latimer will hire the Sole Survivor to assassinate Marowski.
- The Marowski Heist: The Sole Survivor can choose to show the Marowski Heist photo to Marowski. An easy speech check is required to get him to pay 500 caps for the photo. Alternatively, a medium speech check convinces Marowski to pay the 500 caps first (though refusing to show the photo to him after payment will result in him and Stan becoming hostile). After showing the photo to Marowski, he will then hire the Sole Survivor to kill Cooke and Malcom for 300 caps per target (or 400 if a speech check is passed).
- Marowski is an informant for the Synth Retention Bureau.
- Marowski can also be shown the Marowski Heist photo as part of The Marowski Heist questline.
- MacCready will hate killing him and will leave your party and turn on you if you do so with him nearby.
- Hancock and Piper will dislike the Sole Survivor telling Malcom Latimer that Marowski killed his son, and will hate it if the Sole Survivor agrees to kill him. Hancock will leave if they go through with the hit.
Marowski appears only in Fallout 4.
- The Sole Survivor: "Hey, did you ever catch the guys that stole all those chems from you 20 years ago?"
Marowski: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "Why is this such a big deal to you?"
Marowski: " "
- Trish: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "Why do I need your help to find this lab?"
Trish: " "
The Sole Survivor: "You've got a deal."
Trish: "Okay. I guess I have to trust you. "
- The Sole Survivor: "Why smuggle chems into Diamond City? Chems aren't illegal here."
Henry Cooke: " "
(Henry Cooke's dialogue)
- Institute terminal entries; SRB terminal, List of Informants