Marcy Long is a settler traveling with Preston Garvey and his group in the Commonwealth in 2287. Marcy is first met taking refuge in the Museum of Freedom, Concord, in the company of the aforementioned minuteman and what is left of his crew.
A refugee from Quincy following Preston Garvey's lead, Marcy has steadily seen everything in her life go to pieces. Originally a settler in Quincy, Marcy was married to Jun Long, with a child, Kyle, and a prosperous store. Both were skeptical of Mama Murphy's sudden visions of Quincy's destruction, cutting her off, but not before Mayor Jackson requested Minutemen assistance.
Although Jun considered the Minutemen freeloaders, he did a 180 when Colonel Ezra Hollis arrived, routing a Gunner detachment trying to take Quincy by surprise. Marcy, on the other hand, was concerned that despite the rout, there were too few minutemen to defend the town against a larger, more coordinated attack. Hollis' assurances did not ease her mind.
When Gunners attacked Quincy again, blowing up the highway and attacking with the height advantage, she was proven right. Only a small group managed to get away under Preston's lead, including Marcy, her husband, son, and shirts on their backs. The desperate flight across the Commonwealth took its toll: Gunners chased them away from Quincy, feral ghouls from Lexington and eventually, raiders cornered the few remaining survivors at Concord.
Having lost everything, including her only son, Marcy is overcome with bitter grief. It manifests primarily as anger: A mixture of various emotions, including furious, unrelenting hatred towards raiders, paranoia and excessive caution (in fact, she is reluctant to settle in any permanent area, due to fear of it being overrun again), and irritation. It takes a great deal to improve her spirits, but even then, the string of bad fortune and losing her only child has left her permanently scarred.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- After being saved she will become a settler in Sanctuary, along with her husband, Jun, Mama Murphy, Preston Garvey and Sturges.
- She can sometimes be seen having a conversation with Mama Murphy, in which she will act much less agitated than usual.
- Upon reaching Sanctuary, Marcy will automatically assign herself as a farmer should there be any form of vegetable plants there, otherwise, she'll just wander about until the player character reassigns her.
- She may have a conversation with Jun in which he will ask her if she wants to go for a walk by the river. She will respond to this by saying that she has work to do, and Jun will respond with a sad "okay," which she responds to with "maybe later."
- If Mama Murphy dies during The Sight, Marcy Long will slip into even greater anguish, and blame the Sole Survivor and Preston for not stopping them. Marcy even demonstrates a slight amount of character development at her loss. When the Sole Survivor first meets the group at the Museum of Freedom, Marcy scoffs at Mama Murphy's prediction of Sanctuary, and only agreed to come along once it was explained to her that nobody had a better idea. When Mama Murphy dies, however, Marcy asks "What are we gonna do without the sight?" This suggests that she has come to respect Mama Murphy's talent and accept that it is indeed reliable fortune-telling.
- Marcy will act a little less cynical if the settlement's overall happiness is high.
|Flannel shirt and jeans|
Marcy Long appears only in Fallout 4.
- Quincy ruins terminal entries; Long's terminal, Mama Murphy
- Quincy ruins terminal entries; Sturges's terminal, The Minutemen
- The Sole Survivor: "Who are these people?"
Preston Garvey: " "
Sturges: " "
The Sole Survivor: "Ghouls? What are ghouls?"
Preston Garvey: " "
(Sturges' and Preston Garvey's dialogue)