Referenced rewrite needed (more info in her dialogue)
To meet Nukapedia's quality standards, the following section requires the addition of relevant references and/or speculation removal.
Manya was born in 2213. At the age of 64, she is a sweet old lady. She and Nathan used to run a caravan line together and have managed to save enough caps and supplies to live out their retirement in Megaton. Manya's sweet exterior doesn't reveal that she's witnessed every misery that the wasteland has to offer. She is extremely wise and knowledgeable - two traits that allow her to continue to thrive and live in Megaton.[Non-game 1]
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
- The Replicated Man: Manya is a member of the Railroad. One can discover this by finding a holotape recording she keeps in her home and she admits to it if asked.
- There is a unique dialogue choice regarding Megaton's ownership if Sheriff Simms dies.
- Manya is one of the oldest residents of Megaton and thus knows much about the history of the town. If one asks her about Megaton and how it was built, she will explain how the town was founded.
- Occasionally Manya asks if anyone has seen her husband, Nathan. If one finds him and talks to him, she will still ask the Lone Wanderer if they have seen him. Nathan will also comment, wondering where Manya is.
- If Nathan is killed, the player character will no longer be able to speak with Manya, instead she will simply acknowledge that he is dead, and if approached, will reply she was just thinking about him.
- She may still ask the Lone Wanderer if they have seen Nathan even after his death.
- Both Manya and her husband share their surname with Paladin Vargas, a member of the Lyons' Pride in the East Coast Brotherhood as well as Manny Vargas in Fallout: New Vegas. Their familial relationship, if any, is not known.
- "Well hey there, stranger! I'm Manya. The old coot wandering around here is my husband, Nathan."
- "There's only one thing that concerns me in this town these days: what my damn fool husband is doing."
- "When the war happened, the machines started dropping from the sky. Everyone around here thinks that the bomb made the crater, but it didn't."
Manya Vargas appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.83: "Manya
Manya, 64, is a sweet old lady. She and Nathan used to run a caravan line together and have managed to save enough Caps and supplies to live out their retirement in Megaton. Manya's sweet exterior doesn't reveal that she's witnessed every misery that the Wasteland has to offer. She is extremely wise and knowledgeable—two traits that allow her to continue to thrive and live in Megaton."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)