Malden Center is an underground Boston MTA station in central Malden, north of Cambridge. By 2287, Malden Center is a raider camp led by Helter Skelter, and is under attack by synths at the time the Sole Survivor arrives.
Malden Center subway station is divided into two levels linked together via two elevators. The top level is inhabited by synths and dead raiders while the bottom level is inhabited by both groups fighting one another.
- Eddie Winter holotape 2 - In the Malden police station, on the second floor, in the southeast corner.
- Fat Man - South of the subway train on the eastern track next to a bed.
- A mini nuke - One in the southwest corner of the main lower subway tunnel, under some scaffolding on a pile of rubble, in the same room as the room where synths and raiders are fighting (Helter Skelter room).
- Tumblers Today issue #4 (bonus to lockpicking) and an overdue book - In the easternmost red/orange freight train car on the lower level, in the same room where the synths and raiders are fighting.
- Three fusion cores - One in the generator just after descending in the elevator on the main level, one in the cardboard box next to the generator and one on the ground in front of the generator.
- Bottlecap mine - On the floor in the room where the synths and raiders are fighting. In the area with the weapons workbench and trunk.
If the Sole Survivor is allied with the Institute upon arriving, there will be no combat until reaching the room with Helter Skelter, as all the other raiders are dead and the synths will not be hostile.
Malden Center appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
In real-life, Malden Center is an elevated station served by the Orange Line T, multiple MBTA bus lines and MBTA Commuter Rail.
Xbox One Sometimes on the power armor's minimap line, its icon is replaced with the icon of a metro station.[verified]