Makeshift bedding is made of a old and tattered cardboard mats, with a scrunched-up, raised cardboard pillow. Sometimes it appears yellowish and relatively unstained, but sometimes it is darker and more weathered, partially covered in soil and blood.
Makeshift bedding does not give a Well Rested bonus when slept on, but is still useful, as like all non-owned bedding will nonetheless still fully restore health and restore limb damage upon sleeping.
- Some can be found in Vault 87.
- Some can be found near Rivet City.
- Although the super mutants are never seen sleeping, makeshift bedding can be seen in super mutant encampments across the Capital Wasteland.
- Hallowed Moors Cemetery, in the church.
- Two makeshift beds are located in the Metro Sewer, very near to the ladder exit which leads to a manhole cover on Pennsylvania Avenue. After entering the sewer from the ladder, one makeshift bed is located slightly off to the left, nearer the train car. The other makeshift bed is in the alcove directly in front of the ladder, behind some empty metal drums, and a next to a couch and an old telephone.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- Can be found at El Dorado Gas & Service.
- Two can be found at the Great Khan encampment.
- Many are found in the New Vegas sewers.
- Usually found around super mutant encampments across the Mojave Wasteland.
- Can be found in and around North Vegas Square.
- One can be found at Grub n' Gulp rest stop
Makeshift bedding appears in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.