- Used in the making of homemade flamer fuel.
- Used in making of Cass' moonshine.
- Used in making mole rat stew.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+1 Hit Point for 9s||-48 Starvation , -12 Dehydration|
|20||+1 Hit Point for 9s||-56 Starvation , -14 Dehydration|
|30||+1 Hit Point for 9s||-64 Starvation , -16 Dehydration|
|40||+1 Hit Point for 9s||-72 Starvation , -18 Dehydration|
|50||+2 Hit Point for 9s||-80 Starvation , -20 Dehydration|
|60||+2 Hit Point for 9s||-88 Starvation , -22 Dehydration|
|70||+2 Hit Point for 9s||-96 Starvation , -24 Dehydration|
|80||+2 Hit Point for 9s||-104 Starvation , -26 Dehydration|
|90||+2 Hit Point for 9s||-112 Starvation , -28 Dehydration|
|100||+3 Hit Point for 9s||-120 Starvation , -30 Dehydration|
- 102 in the biodiesel refinery in Nellis Air Force Base. Must be stolen.
- 34 can be stolen from Westside Co-op.
- Many plants can be found in the greenhouses at the NCR sharecropper farms.
- Some maize plants can be found in a Mojave home; head west of Field's shack and follow the road, the second house on the road is the Mojave home.
- Legionaries sometimes carry 1-2 maize.
- Large amounts can be purchased from Corporal Farber at Camp McCarran once his personal quest is finished.
- Large amounts can be purchased from the Boomer chefs at Nellis hangars.
- Two can be found inside the Nipton house, just opposite the general store where you find Boxcars. They are on top of the oven in the kitchen, in a pot.
- Two or three maize can be found at the raided farmstead where the Vipers have set up camp.
- Two maize plants can be found at Wolfhorn Ranch, just down the hill from the farmhouse.
- seed package north of Dionaea Muscipula, across the pipe. Dried version, one of the items converted from the
- Field Research, once you have upgraded the biological research station. One can be acquired every 3 in-game days after the completion of
- Maize plants have appeared in previous Fallout titles, and have been described as mutated versions of pre-War maize.
- Maize is one of the most efficient (in terms of Starvation/Weight ratio) Hardcore mode food items in the game should the Courier have low Survival skill, as it often removes more Starvation/Dehydration than most food items, contains zero radiation, is extremely common, and only weighs a quarter of a pound.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.