|For an overview of tanks, see Tank.|
Modeled on the M46 Patton which was used by the U.S. Army during the early years of the Korean War, and sporting a similar commander's cupola, heavy duty conventional main battle tanks were widely employed by the United States military. The main battle tank is a behemoth that employs a pair of tracked chassis using leaf spring suspension, with a single turret mounted on the top. Its key advantage is firepower: the main battle tank is equipped with a pair of large-caliber 140mm cannons using conventional ammunition.
Altogether, the tank weighed over sixty tons, making it unusable in marshlands and other soft terrains, despite the reliability that allowed for a single soldier to hotwire them and restore them to working order. The armor of the heavy tank unusually uses riveted steel which actually increases spalling in the cabin from hits. It has no visible secondary armament. The powerplant is an equally heavy-duty nuclear engine, with it back pods allowing for the exposure of heat sinks for quick air cooling while stationary.
- One can be found immediately northwest of relay tower 0BB-915, slightly east of the Fort Hagen satellite array.
- North of relay tower 0MC-810.
- One is located directly northwest to the rear of Fort Hagen, about 50–75 feet back and due north of the Red Rocket truck stop.
- One can be found north of Nordhagen beach, in line with Libertalia.
- Fort Hagen hangar located underneath Fort Hagen satellite array. Four can be found inside the
- Two can be found near the Red Rocket Mega Stop, in a convoy with a few other military vehicles.
- One can be found outside down the hill, west of Vault 76, past the checkpoint.
- Another can be found in the parking lot of the converted munitions factory.
- Five can be found around Wade Airport: two near the gates, one on the runway, one near the air traffic control tower, and one in a hanger.
- Near Forward Station Delta.
- Near Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06.
- One can be found along State Route 81, directly south of Vault 76, crashing into the Ohio River.
- Near the shooting gallery at Camp McClintock.
The tank near relay tower 0BB-915 has become stuck in rough terrain, as evidenced by a handful of skeletal soldiers with shovels. A nearby note indicates that the tank was taken for a joyride by a group of drunken soldiers immediately prior to the Great War.
The tank appears in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
- Fallout 4
- Fallout 76
- Original model
- Modiphius STL 3D printing file
- Barrel diameter measured with the in-game yardstick
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare tank design schematic
- Modiphius vehicle description
"This battlefield behemoth is an example of one of the US Army’s pre-war main battle tanks and one of the most powerful vehicles to ever rumble through the wasteland. Powered by a nuclear engine, its single turret design boasts a twin pair of heavy duty 140mm main cannons which it can use to demolish all but the most formidable of assailants in a single salvo. Weighing in at a monster 60 tons, its mass makes it unsuitable for use in soft terrain, but otherwise it’s a steel beast which dominates conventional battlefields. Modelled on the M46 Patton tank last used by the US Army in the conflicts of the mid to late twentieth century, several abandoned examples can be found scattered across the Wasteland and if you’re fortunate to find a working model it can be hotwired and restored to full capacity with a minimum of fuss. Woe betide your foes, if you succeed and one of these leviathans ever becomes fully operational again."
- Bogged down
- Art Station - Tor Frick, Fallout 4 Tank
- .NIF model data: "Author: lucas.hardi"