- That's funny, my tribe doesn't count pre-war towns when we talk about civilized places.”— Maida and the Chosen One
Maida is a plain looking, sturdily built young woman with a scowl on her face. She is the daughter of Ardin Buckner and a member of the Buckner family of Klamath. Maida has a store with various items (mostly leather armor, first aid kits, knives etc). While she says she will give a good price for gecko pelts, her prices are no different to the other merchants in town.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: general goods|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Rescue Smiley the Trapper: By rescuing Smiley, Maida will 'free' Sulik from his debt.
- Rescue Torr: Alternatively, Sulik's debt can be paid off by rescuing Torr.
- The Chosen One can talk to Maida about paying Sulik's debt, although there are other ways to 'free' him. Despite Maida's prejudices against tribals, she has grown quite fond of Sulik and is not terribly happy to see him leave if the Chosen One orchestrates it.
Although Maida Buckner's Barter skill is listed at 16 from her proto file (00000098.pro), this file was never used in game as the development team opted to use the Female "Bad Merchant" proto file (00000057.pro) which uses 55 for her Barter skill.
Maida Buckner appears only in Fallout 2.
- ↑ KCMAIDA.MSG, line 100
- ↑ http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-and-fallout-2-barter-formula.217810/