Magnolia is a synth vocalist living in Goodneighbor. She was hired by Whitechapel Charlie to perform at the Third Rail as a source of live entertainment for bar patrons sometime before 2287. The songs Magnolia writes hint towards her past life, which she will mention if asked to comment. She claims that everyone comes to the bar to drown their memories.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character offers sex.||
Requires 3 Charisma checks
|This character is involved in quests.|
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- The player character can flirt with Magnolia and, depending on three progressively harder Charisma checks, she will agree to a date with the player character. The screen fades to black and the Sole Survivor awakens in the rentable room in Hotel Rexford, with Magnolia departing after explaining that she is committed only to her music. If asked for a second date, Magnolia will decline.
- Her songs can be heard on the Diamond City Radio station, after visiting the Third Rail for the first time.
- Emogene Takes a Lover - Whitechapel Charlie and Magnolia can help the player character find Emogene Cabot.
- In the song "Good Neighbor," she alludes to going skinny dipping in Swan's Pond, a dangerous decision considering the radiation and occupant.
- The amplified audio for both the music and Magnolia's singing during her performances comes directly from her, not the speaker next to her stage.
- If Piper is traveling with the Sole Survivor when they meet Magnolia, this will prompt some flustered dialogue from the companion. Cait will make a comment on how the player character is staring at Magnolia.
- If the player character is in a romantic relationship with their companion, the companion will hate it if the player character follows the flirting option.
- Hacking KL-E-0's personal terminal in her living space shows that she has contingency plans to kill key members of the Goodneighbor community. Magnolia's entry is last on the list, stating that Magnolia is "a fellow working girl" who "deserves a chance." KL-E-0's plan is to "burn down the Third Rail as a warning," then, if Magnolia still resists, kill her with a "clean shot to the head."
- The initial dialogue with her will change depending on the highest SPECIAL stat of the player character at the time of the conversation, including modifiers.
The dialogue just before this check reads: "Now there's something special about you, isn't there. Don't tell me, let me guess."
- Strength: "Ahh, of course. It's those powerful muscles of yours. My, I could get used to looking at those."
- Perception: "It's your eyes. Quick and... intense. I bet you never miss a detail, hm? Like what you see?"
- Endurance: "You're a survivor, aren't you? I bet the whole world could stand in your way and you'd just keep going."
- Charisma: "Hmm, I think I know a fellow performer when I see one. Good with your words. Knows the right things to say, at the right time."
- Intelligence: "Ahh, that's it, you had that "I'm the smartest one here and I know it" posture. There's something so irresistible about intelligence. Don't you think?"
- Agility: "Ahh it's your hands. They move even when you aren't thinking. Quick on the draw?"
- Luck: "You got the cocky smirk of a gambler. I can relate. Lady Luck is probably my second favorite lover."
List of songsEdit
Magnolia appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit