The Magna Carta is an English document stored in the National Archives.
The document can be found in the Archives Secure Wing East.
There is a hallway to the right just before one reaches Button Gwinnett and the Declaration of Independence. The hallway leads past a Mister Gutsy to a room. In the room to the far right is the Magna Carta with some ammunition and two turrets. One will need a Lockpick skill of 50 for the door. It can be sold to Abraham Washington for 75 caps, or for 100 caps through a Speech check.
A transcript of the full Magna Carta is available here.
- Though it no longer serves any purpose, this item is still found in the game files for Fallout: New Vegas.
- Once sold to Abraham Washington it will show up in one of the empty picture frames on the Capitol Preservation Society wall.
- Unlike the Bill of Rights, this item is not marked as a quest item, thus it can be dropped by the player character at any time.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Magna Carta or Magna Carta Libertatum (Medieval Latin for "Great Charter of Freedoms") is a series of real historical documents limiting the power of the King of England. The first of which was issued by King John in 1215; it was reissued several times and the 1297 edition is still partially in force.
- In more recent times, it is considered one of the earliest legal authorities for the right of Habeus Corpus, or the right to challenge one's incarceration.
- In 2007, American billionaire David Rubenstein purchased the last privately owned copy of the 1297 exemplifications and loaned it to the U.S. National Archives.
Playstation 3 Xbox 360 The Magna Carta may not appear in the National Archives at all. [verified]