|For the item in Fallout 3, see Lucky 8-ball.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Sometimes it is almost impossible to decide the correct course of action. With this potent prognosticator, decisions are easy. A truly lucky character may receive some special insight from the magic 8-ball.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Using the 8-ball displays vague (if promising) "fortunes," similar to those on real world magic 8-balls popular in the 1970s. Rarely, the player character will instead receive a clue to various secrets in Fallout 2. In many cases, knowing the location of the secrets is not enough; until the player activates the clue from the 8-ball, the secrets don't actually exist. None of this type of secrets offer rewards that can't be missed, other than maybe the secret password to the computer.
Location[edit | edit source]
Fortunes[edit | edit source]
- What kind of an asshole question is that?
- Outlook good.
- Outlook not so good.
- My reply is no.
- Don't count on it.
- You may rely on it.
- Ask again later.
- Most likely.
- Cannot predict now.
- Yes, definitely.
- Better not to tell you now.
- It is certain.
- Very doubtful.
- It is decidedly so.
- Concentrate and ask again.
- Signs point to yes.
- My sources say no.
- Without a doubt.
- Reply hazy, try again.
- As I see it, yes.
- Stop shaking me so hard. It hurts.
- You have a strong right arm.
- Please wipe your hands before shaking me again.
- Temporarily out of service.
- Closed by order of the RPG Board.
- Keep shaking me, and there'll be trouble.
- I'm getting sick.
- I'm getting nauseous.
- Your hands are warm.
Clues[edit | edit source]
With Luck of 9 or higher:
- Feargus was against putting me in the game. He's a big meanie.
- Your score is 23 out of 100. You have quite a ways to go yet.
- Scott Everts sighs a lot when he sees how many inventory items are in the game.
- Look in the first floor men's bathroom toilet in the Mordino casino in New Reno.
- Somebody buried some cash beneath the cross labeled 'Trash' in Golgotha.
- Gets you $374.
- Go back and talk to Father Tully in New Reno after you have finished the game.
- Gets you the Fallout 2 Hintbook.
- There is an Easter egg somewhere in New Reno.
- It's in the basement of New Reno Arms.
- Stop shaking me so hard.
- Your LUCK is very high. Keep shaking me for clues!
- Yes, we KNOW Descent to Undermountain was crap.
- If you sell Bessie to the butchers in Modoc, you can set her free again.
- Selling her is worth 300 meat jerky and -5 Karma. Saving her is worth +10 Karma, but a Modoc reputation drop.
- Pay attention to what Curtis says after you return Mr. Nixon doll to him in Vault City.
- His floating dialogue leads you to a wrench.
- With the feuding couple in Broken Hills, the wife really did throw the Cat's Paw in the trash.
- The small blue pot outside the house is the resident trash bin.
- You need a high STR *and* a high END to have a chance of beating Francis in the arm-wrestling contest.
- The code to activate the first terminal in the Vault in Vault City is 3PCF186.