When Maggie was three years old, Billy Creel adopted her and brought her to Megaton. She has no memories of her life before Megaton. Billy was given a man's house ever since the man was shot in a raider attack; a few townspeople claim that Billy was the one behind that bullet that bought him his place in the town. Billy told Maggie the combination to his lost safe.[Non-canon 1]
Her real parents died during a raider attack in 2275. She's a friendly little girl running around the town. She appears to be interested in Harden Simms and discusses with Billy the prospect of her kissing the boy, to which Creel tells her to slow down, as she has plenty of time to do that later. She also asks Billy Creel about "the talk," stating that Harden has already had the talk.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
Effects of player's actions
With the Child at Heart perk, one can convince Maggie to tell them the combination to Billy Creel's safe.
|Athlete of the Wastes outfit|
- Maggie will live with Manya and Nathan Vargas in the event of Billy's death.
- On Colin Moriarty's terminal, Colin states that he believes Maggie wasn't rescued and that it was probably Creel himself who killed her parents. However, nothing else in the game supports this theory.
- If one steals the holodisk The Guardians of Gillyfrond from Billy Creel's house, regardless of whether they are caught or not, Maggie will tell them she doesn't like them because they took things that don't belong to them.
- Maggie's character model (and voice) is reused for a generic resident of Little Lamplight.
- "I probably shouldn't be talking to you. Billy says I get too friendly with people I don't know. He says it's dangerous."
- "Well... Billy built a safe into the floor of our house. He keeps all sorts of cool stuff in there. I shouldn't tell you this but... the combination is 15-16-23-42 if you want to take a look. Just make sure that you put everything back if you take anything out to play with it. I don't want to get in trouble."
- "Billy says that he's going to teach me to shoot one day too!"
Maggie appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.83: "Maggie
Billy Creel took in Maggie at the age of 3 (she is now 12) and brought her to Megaton. Maggie remembers nothing of her life before Megaton. A Megaton resident caught a bullet in a Raider attack and Billy was given the man's house. He's been in Megaton even since, raising Maggie as well as you can expect from a carefree Wasteland adventurer, even telling her the combination to his lost safe. Of course, there are a few around town who say that Billy was the one behind that bullet that bought him his place in Megaton...."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)