The Chosen One gets this title by joining one of the four mafia families in New Reno and having an Intelligence above 4. For each mafia family there is a chain of quests, upon the completion special ones they can become a Made Man of that family, even as a female character.
- Increased popularity in New Reno.
- Access to free sex at the Cat's Paw.
- Special stock and discounts available at the New Reno Arms.
- Jagged Jimmy J can be paralyzed if the Chosen One has an Intelligence below 4 and whenever by talking about "the mortal coil."
- An opportunity to try the porn audition at the Golden Globes even with Charisma < 9.
- Hated by other mafia families.
- Drug dealers and bartenders in New Reno charge more.
- The Made Man title can be avoided by completing the final quest for each family and not returning to the boss for a reward.
- If the Chosen One wears any power armor, other mafia families won't recognize them, unless they talk to them.
- If the Chosen One is a Made Man of a family other than the Wrights, they can't talk to the Wright kids.
- If the Chosen One is a Made Man of the Bishops, they can more easily negotiate with T-Ray in the quest Recover your stolen car.
- Turning against the family will cause your Made Man status to be removed.
- For each family boss, there's a way to assassinate them without getting blamed for it, and killing a boss "silently" or in these special ways will not remove the Made Man title.
- It's possible to become a member of almost all mafia families, by not becoming the Salvatores' Made Man until the quest from Mordino to kill Salvatore has started.
- If a family quest is active when a family has turned hostile, the quest will be set to failed in the quest list.
- Although the in-game description says "you look great in a fedora," no wearable fedoras are present in the game, and they are only seen worn by casino bouncers.
- The sentence for paralyzing Jagged Jimmy J is not a typical sentence (normally poorly constructed and difficult to understand) said by low-Intelligence characters, instead looking more like something that an intelligent one could say.
- If you attack the raiders' underground base south of Vault City and later become Bishop's Made Man, he will confront you and become hostile.