The wide blade at the head with an indentation into the blade towards the hilt is designed to give more weight to the head of the blade, allowing for more momentum with slashes. Like a machete, it does bonus limb damage. It can be repaired with another machete gladius, or regular machetes. It has a fairly high DPS due to its speed, which allows up to 3.5 regular attacks per second; combined with its 28 base damage, it readily cuts through most armored enemies.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee Weapons skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The machete gladius can successfully strike about 370 times from full condition before breaking.
- Broad machete - a unique variant added with the Courier's Stash add-on.
- Machete - the common variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Liberator - a unique machete carried by Dead Sea.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Machete gladius||28||84||x2 limb||3||x1.5||28||20||2.8||370||2||1000||500||25||4|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Aurelius of Phoenix, Decanus Severus, Canyon Runner, and Cursor Lucullus at Cottonwood Cove carry them.
- Carried by some Legion centurions.