“I got myself my Pelmen's. Ha!”
Machete Mike only appears during the first part of the Hull Breach questline. He is very knowledgeable about pre-War tools and takes an interest in the Pelmen power tools the Sole Survivor obtains for the Mariner.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Machete Mike confronts the Sole Survivor after they have retrieved the power tools requested by The Mariner, during part one of the Hull Breach quest series. He shows up as soon as the Survivor leaves the Eagle's Cove Tannery and offers 2000 caps for the tools (2750 if a Speech check asking for a reward is passed). Accepting his offer will fail the entire Hull Breach quest series and thus prevent the Survivor from receiving a unique harpoon gun as well as the Mariner's support during one of the final Far Harbor quests.
- Should Machete Mike's offer be rejected, he will simply tell the Survivor to think it over, claiming they know where to find him in case they change their mind. Neither choice results in violence. If Mike is killed during this time, then the player character will not receive the Mariner's support as she will suspect them of being responsible for Mike's death.
- Mike carries a minimum of 3180 caps, but he cannot be pickpocketed, even with associated skills leveled, for the percent of success remains at 0%. If you attempt to pickpocket and fail, resulting in Mike turning hostile, one can kill him to claim the caps. As this is considered self-defense, the Mariner still offers her rewards for the tools and the questline progresses. One can also pacify him after failing to pickpocket and take his caps after he surrenders.
- Mike cannot be killed by feral ghouls or a companion and will just enter the "downed" state. Killing Mike in this way may still result in the player character being barred from starting the second and third portions of this quest. Mike can however be killed by the Big Leagues perk or a weapon with the Explosive legendary effect when killing a nearby ghoul. (No quest change results from accidentally killing the character this way).
- Allen Lee will refer to Machete Mike by name when he is executing a member of the Church of the Children of Atom, saying that Mike spotted the Child trying to sabotage a fog condenser.
- Old Longfellow dislikes it if you turn down Machete Mike's offer to buy the tools.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.