The MS Azalea was a coastal freighter traveling along the U.S. Atlantic coast when the bombs fell. Although the exact reasons are unclear, the ship ended up beached on the Island's southeastern shoreline. Today she still rests in the same spot - heavily rusted, decaying and split into several pieces.
The trappers have built numerous platforms around, inside and on top of the ship. The MS Azalea can be entered by swimming onto some of the trapper's platforms from the ocean or by crossing over a walkway onto the top deck when approaching the place from the land. The top deck is a maze of containers and shanties. A set of stairs leads into the interior of the ship, which is like a large cavern filled with more trapper shacks on platforms above shallow water.
- Vim Captain's Blend - In the easternmost wooden shack (below the lift) being held by a Jangles the Moon Monkey behind the stairs on the bottom level, in a corner niche.
- Two Vim - In a crate next to the Vim Captain's Blend.
- Fusion core - At the very top of the pilothouse area.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - In the bottom-most metal shack going to the southernmost barge (carrying garbage).
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the pilot's room of the same barge.
- Pirate hat - Below the container with the trapper's pool table. It is behind a barrel on top of a teddy bear near a skeleton, on the small barge in the northeastern part of the location, separate from the main ship.
- Nine sap buckets can be found hanging on the trees just north of the MS Azalea.
- Hull Breach - The Sole Survivor is tasked to eliminate the trappers in the area.
- Concierge - Mercer's new Railroad agent, Caretaker, needs help clearing a location so that he can make progress on helping a synth escape the Commonwealth.
- The MS Azalea bears some visual resemblance to the wreck of the FMS Northern Star and appears to be the same class of ship.
- In the quest Hull Breach, the player character takes part of the ship's hull to strengthen the wall around Far Harbor. However, no parts appear to leave the ship.
There are some graphical issues with the MS Azalea, like the top deck appearing to be flooded although that is actually just the result of glitched textures. Since these cover the floor as well as the superstructure's walls, they tend to conceal every door and stairway on the top deck, thus making it hard to find an entrance into the hull. This can typically be fixed by saving and restarting the game. [verified]