Bug Verification Project
The weapon acts very similarly to the plasma pistol it formed the basis for, barring several prototype features. First and foremost, this weapon does more than three times as much damage as the regular plasma pistol, and has a higher critical multiplier (3x as opposed to 2x). However, it uses two energy cells to power each shot, and weighs twice as much as the normal, almost as much as an R91 assault rifle.
The MPLX Novasurge can fire a total of about 188 times, the equivalent of 24 reloads, from full condition before breaking. That's 212 times fewer than the common plasma pistol.
- Plasma pistol - The common variant in Fallout 3.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
The weapon is found in the cargo hold area of Mothership Zeta. In one area is a Reid Underwood's terminal (hard) which can be hacked to unlock a safe, to get to the terminal go to the Research lab door go north then a bit east you should see a group of terminals, it's the only one that isn't broken. The safe itself is found in another area among several piles of rubble, next to a machine that is dropping items into a pit. Inside the safe is the weapon, a note detailing the weapon, and energy cells (amount may vary due to the Scrounger perk).
The Cargo hold becomes inaccessible after teleporting to the Bridge, making it impossible to obtain the weapon afterwards.
- Elliot can pick this weapon up if you unlock Underwood's safe but don't go and collect the weapon.
- Somah can pick up this weapon without opening the safe, making it possible to obtain it without 75 science.
- Xbox 360 While using V.A.T.S., selecting a target causes the ammunition counter to drop by one, not two. The bolt will still use two energy cells, but this may force an unexpected reload sequence. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes Paladin Hoss will unexpectedly show up (even though he's not supposed to) and take the pistol after you've unlocked the safe. [verified]
- MPLX "Novasurge" prototype plasma pistol - notes on the development of the weapon
| || |