The station is a fortified outpost repurposed by raiders for their own use. Three raiders patrol the exterior between the power transformers and the entrance. The entry door leads to a small foyer, beyond which is a computer room/barracks. The main room is guarded by a pair of raiders, one of whom is the named Torcher, who, unsurprisingly, wields a flamer. Beside undamaged computer equipment, there is a static chemistry set, three beds and several containers. The terminal (very hard) on the desk allows the player to unlock the safe containing a Nuka-Cola Quantum.
- Guns and Bullets book on a table left of you after entering the power station.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in the safe (very hard), can be unlocked by a nearby terminal (very hard).
- Torcher's mask: worn by Torcher inside the station.
- The mass relay station houses three of the cleanest looking beds in the entire wasteland.
- Sometimes, items stored in containers inside the building can disappear and reset to whatever the container originally held. Also, a raider may respawn in the room every so often.
- To the south, in the rocky area just past the docks and outhouse is a corpse pile consisting of a dead mercenary, a dead raider, a dead pair of wastelanders, and a pair of skeletal remains. The area is guarded by several yao guai.
- The MDPL Mass Relay Station can be used as incidental player housing if all raiders are enslaved using the Mesmetron: they will never return. The safe, tool boxes, and ammo boxes (both inside and out) can be safely used for storage.
The MDPL mass relay station appears only in Fallout 3.