|For an overview of machine gun models in various games, see Machine gun.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and is not canon.|
The M60 in Fallout Tactics differs quite a bit from the one in Fallout 2. It is an uncommon gun but is inferior to the more damaging and longer-ranged M249 SAW, only having an edge in magazine size. The Strength requirement is higher for the M60.
- St. Louis, carried by super mutant near remains of Fang Squad.
- Great Bend, two carried by robots.
- Cold Water, four carried by BOS deserters.
- Canyon City, found on a robot.
- Buena Vista, found on Percy.
- Can be purchased from Vault 0.
Behind the scenes
Introduced in 1957, it served in the Vietnam War as a general-purpose machine gun with many U.S. units. The M60 was nicknamed the Pig by the U.S. troops. While effective, certain parts were discovered to be poorly designed and/or manufactured, leading to reliability problems.