|For an overview of lunchboxes, see lunchbox.|
This was a promotional item created by Vault-Tec before the Great War and used in the company's advertisements. With the right schematics, it can be used to make bottlecap mines at workbenches in Fallout 3. It can also be used as Rock-It Launcher ammunition. A lunchbox can be used to make a caravan lunch at campfires or a bottlecap mine at workbenches in Fallout: New Vegas.
Lunchboxes may appear randomly as a toy or kitchen clutter, as well as in the inventories of "miscellaneous" vendors like Crazy Wolfgang, Knick Knack, Karl, and Seagrave Holmes. There are 121 guaranteed places where they may be found. Some locations with guaranteed lunchboxes are:
- Nine in Vault-Tec headquarters: Seven in administration, in a closet in the most northeast location; two on tables in the second-floor cafeteria area in guest relations.
- Seven in Fort Constantine. Four are in personnel offices: on a counter in the western dining area, on a counter in the south near a pool table, on the bottom of a rusty shelf in a room slightly north of the center, and on a table in the southeast next to a chessboard. One is in the kitchen of the commanding officer quarters. Two are in the launch control bunker: one on a desk in the same room with the Fort Constantine Launch Control terminal, and one on a shelf in a room west of the terminal.
- Five in Franklin Metro utility: three in the western section, among many other workbench items; one on a table next to the generator; and one in between beds in the abandoned raider camp.
- Four in Arlington Library. One in the lobby on the front desk, one in the children's wing in the northeast room; two in the media archive on the northwest second floor in the room with the pool table.
- Four in the Warrington station area. Two are in Warrington tunnels, one in the south end of the Metro employee section, on a shelf next to two ammunition boxes; one on the top shelf in a closet in the southwest tunnels past some radioactive barrels. Two more are in Warrington station: one under the desk with the Big Book of Science, and one can be stolen from Roy Phillips' sleeping quarters.
- Four in L.O.B. Enterprises: one in the main area next to the Pugilism Illustrated; one in the east wing, on top of a bookshelf across the hall from the CEO's office. Two are in the archives: one on top of a bookshelf in the northeast room and one on a table in the southwest dining area.
- Three in RobCo facility offices and cafeteria: two in the northmost room, one on a pool table, one on an upturned table; one in the kitchen in the west, next to the refrigerator.
- Three in the Roosevelt Academy building proper: one in the headmaster's office, on the desk; one in a room on the ground floor next to a hallway filled with lockers; one on the third floor, next to a rigged terminal.
- Three in Minefield: Two in the Benson house, one in the Gibson house.
- Three in Mama Dolce's. One in processed foods area, in the southernmost section next to a couch. Two in food distribution, one next to the encrypted Chinese spy terminal, and one on a shelf just west of there.
- Two in Arlington House, both by a single bed.
- Two in Bethesda ruins offices west: one on the ground floor northeast, in a doorless tool cabinet above a first aid kit, one on a third floor shelf next to three rigged shotguns.
- Two in Corvega factory proper, one on a counter in the east, one on a shelf in the room just north of that.
- Two in County sewer mainline, in Gallo's storage closet.
- Two in Farragut West station, both on a shelf in the same room with the locked safe.
- Two in the raid shack, one in the kitchen, and one on the floor next to a bed and a desk.
- Two can be stolen from Lucky's.
- Two in the National Guard depot entrance, both on desks in the lowest level, toward the north.
- Two in the Smith's house in Andale.
- Two in Rivet City on the walkway gantry outside the bridge tower, accessed from the southernmost exit hatch on the 1st level of the Rivet City Security Force's sleeping quarters.
- Two outside in a scavenger's hut north of the Red Racer factory, west of Falls Church Metro.
- One in the sniper shack.
- One in the drainage pipe chamber southeast of relay tower KX-B8-11.
- One in the burnt out bus north of Grisly diner.
- Abandoned apartments in The Pitt Uptown. Two are in the common area near the western exit, and three are in the first floor southeast apartment (in the kitchen, on a dining table, and above the bathtub). Five in the
- Mobile base crawler: Three in the base area on a shelf next to the workbench in the; two in the Launch platform base, one in the southwestern storage area, one in the northwest sleeping quarters; one in a crate on the bottom floor of the satellite control tower, next to the staircase. A seventh lunchbox can be found on a mail cubby in the interior of the air control tower. Six in the
- Kenny in Herzog Mine, as he always sets up a new one to shoot each time the player character enters the mine. Three more are on the ground in the path leading to him, and one is on his shelf. An unlimited supply can be obtained from
- Mothership Zeta. Two are in the cargo hold near the food shelves, along with two bottlecap mines. Two are on shelves in the cryo lab, in the area beneath the cryo pods near the center of the map. One is in the engineering core, inside a crate in the northeast corner of the main hub. Five can be found in
Fallout: New Vegas
- Eight in Vault 11, five in a large room at the entrance to the living quarters, two in the lower level near the reactor and one on a shelf in the overseer's office.
- Five on a shelf in the Vault 21 gift shop. May also be sold by Sarah Weintraub and found inside lockers in the vault.
- Six inside the REPCONN headquarters, four on the first floor in the gift shop, two on the second floor around the area.
- Three can be stolen from the Dino Bite gift shop.
- Two at Powder Ganger camp east, with one inside the refrigerator and the other directly in front of it near the plank of wood.
- One north of the Boulder City train station, under the tanks.
- One in the Hard locked room right after entering the Bison Steve Hotel in Primm, over to the right, on the shelving.
- One inside the train tunnel, first room on the right with the glowing one. On the floor behind the back corner shelf.
- One inside the Primm house closest to the road ramp, on the kitchen counter.
- One inside Michael Angelo's workshop at the top floor small room, on the shelving.
- One at the Old Mormon Fort, in the southeastern tower's top floor, on top of a bookcase.
- One inside the Ultra-Luxe, in an Easy locked storeroom just to the right past Mortimer.
- One inside The Gray, upstairs on a table in a room in the north.
- One inside the NCR Embassy, in a storage room on a shelf, next to the dining and recreation area.
- One inside Zapp's Neon Signs, upstairs on a shelf next to the terminal.
- One inside Harper's shack.
- Sold by all traveling merchants.
- Sold by Cliff Briscoe in Novac.
- Sold by Carter in cell block B of the NCR Correctional Facility.
- Sold by Ralph in Freeside.
- Joshua Graham in the Honest Hearts add-on. Sold by
- crashed scout bus. Ten in and around the
Behind the scenes
The Fallout 3 Collector's Edition is packaged in a real-world Vault-Tec lunch box.