An adversary of Ronald Laren, Lug-Nut is a raider who suffers from episodes of depression and mania due to his chem addiction. He recently had two pairs of nightwear made by a man known as The Tailor, a post-War master of apparel. Lug-Nut sent one set of the nightwear to his brother Lag-Bolt. He has hidden one pair of nightwear in an old caretaker's locker, as the deceased Grady will not be needing it any more.[Non-canon 1]
Lug-Nut is mentioned by Sierra Petrovita when asked more about Ronald Laren. She will start talking about how tough Ronald is and will mention Lug-Nut and two other raiders. The two unknown raiders were killed by Ronald, who then punched Lug-Nut in the face.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops a finger upon death (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
- Grady's Package: Lug-Nut appears and confronts the Lone Wanderer as soon as they loot the naughty nightwear. At this point, the Lone Wanderer can give him the naughty nightwear, kill him or pass a Speech check resulting in Lug-Nut backing off.
- Lug-Nut possesses turqoise hair. Aside from that, he looks like a typical raider.
- Lug-Nut may be wearing a hockey mask or a raider arclight helmet when he confronts the Lone Wanderer.
- "I'm only gonna ask you this one time. Give me the naughty nightwear!"
- "Yeah, Yeah. Just keep on walkin."
- "(after passing Speech check) "All right, all right. My mistake. It obviously belongs to you. Now... uhhh... you just watch it cause I won't be so nice next time."
Lug-Nut appears only in Fallout 3.
- If one gives the naughty nightwear to Lug-Nut before killing him and takes the nightwear back from his corpse, it will be fully repaired.[verified]
- If one takes the naughty nightwear out of Grady's safe, waits for Lug-Nut to spawn, and either puts it back in the safe or drops it on the ground, they can choose the option to give it to Lug-Nut despite not having it. If Lug-Nut is killed, the nightwear can be looted off of his corpse, resulting in the player character having two naughty nightwears. This also works if the player character gives the naughty nightwear to a companion.[verified]
- Lag-Bolt's note
- The Lone Wanderer: "Tell me more about this Ronald guy."
Sierra Petrovita: "He's a darling. Always watching out for me, and more importantly keeping the collection safe! Like once, there was these Raiders that came by. There were three of them and their leader was named like Lug-Nut or something..."
The Lone Wanderer: "Um... Sierra..."
Sierra Petrovita: "... so they like kicked in Ronald's door and he was like 'BLAM' with his gun and one of them got all splattered. Then the other one tried to like hit him all in his head with some club and Ronald was so cool how he dodged it and shot the guy in the face. Then the Lug-Nut guy was in Ronald's face with the 'I'll kick your ass' stuff and Ronald was like 'Hell no...' and he punched the..."
The Lone Wanderer: "Sierra! Please. I get it. He's tough."
Sierra Petrovita: "Oh. Sorry! I get carried away sometimes. Well, you should definitely talk to Ronald. I bet he'd like to meet you. He's such a sweetheart."
(Sierra Petrovita's dialogue)
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.82: "Lug-Nut
Still recovering from a recent tussle with Ronald Laren, Lug-Nut is troubled by bouts of depression and mania. This might be due to his Chem habit. He's recently had two pairs of Nightwear made by a seamstress to rival Lady Frumperton, sending one to his brother Lag-Bolt. He's hidden one pair of Nightwear in the old caretaker's locker; Grady won't be needing it any more."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)