The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Inside this mine there are multiple notes and altars relating to the Cult of the Mothman that had been performing sacrificial rituals to an unknown deity referred to as "The Firstborn of the Wood" or "The Interloper." In one of the chambers, tentacles that slowly move and resemble wooden tree roots can be found near the skeletal remains of many members of the cult.
A locked security gate inside the mine can be opened with the combination code that is on the smuggler's stash note that can be found in one of the wooden cabins outside of the entry to the mine. The combination code is 238963.
- Raider power armor - Inside a chained room that can be accessed by going upstairs and dropping off the edge of the platform.
- Cultist blade - Two can be found attached to the wooden lectern by the coffin altar at the end of the mine.
- Ritual bindings - Inside a yellow container within the hidden room next to the altar shrine. The room is accessed via a small tunnel, obscured by some foliage when taking the first tunnel to the right out of altar room (17 steps along the tunnel on the right).
- Cultist dagger - On a control panel in the hidden room.
- Ritual mask - On top of a control panel in the hidden room.
- Lucky Hole key - On a shelf of the wooden lectern by the coffin altar.
- Holotapes and notes
- Smuggler's stash - Note, outside the mine in the wooden cabin closest to the mine entrance, on a metal shelf.
- He agrees - Note, found on a desk to the right when entering the mine.
- The Chosen - Holotape, found on raised area close to entrance, next to a sleeping bag.
- His birth - Note, found further into the mine by two sleeping bags on a wooden crate.
- His blood - Note, on a table in front of a red locked door halfway into the mine.
- His home - Note, found past the locked red door to the right and by an oil lantern and two floor mats.
- His springs - Note, further into the mine by a pool next to the lit candles.
- His Priestess - Note, on top of the coffin alter in the main cultist shrine at the end of the mine.
The Lucky Hole mine appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Some of the sacrificial altars, statues, and tentacles may be a reference to H.P. Lovecraft's writings about Cthulhu.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
The bleeding tree creature itself is named in the game files as Gutpuker01.