Lucky is a unique version of the standard .357 Magnum revolver. It deals moderate damage and has a high fire-rate and Critical Chance and uses a low amount of Action Points. The barrel, frame, and cylinder are made of a smooth black metal decorated with ornate gold etchings, with a polished ivory handle, and the entire gun is inlaid with gambling motifs. The word "Lucky" is engraved on the silver plate on the ejector tube.
Like most unique weapons, weapon modifications cannot be used on Lucky. However, it comes with the long barrel modification already added. It uses the least amount of AP of any revolver using only 17 AP. Furthermore, it is considered an improved holdout weapon and can be concealed and taken into weapon-free locations as long as one's Sneak skill is 50 or greater.
Lucky can fire a total of about 1120 standard rounds, the equivalent of 187 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & JFP||1120||187|
- .357 Magnum revolver - The standard variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Police pistol - A smaller revolver that can be repaired with .357 Magnum revolvers.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|.357 Magnum revolver||26||45.5||1.75||x1||26||26||1||0.5||6||995||2||110||55||0||3|
|.357 Magnum revolver||29||50.8||1.75||x1||26||26||1.1||0.5||6||1495||2||810||405||0||3|
Lucky is found in a locked floor safe (Lockpick 75) inside the Bison Steve Hotel in Primm. Enter the hotel through the main front entrance and proceed through the doorway ahead. Follow the corridor and enter the gift shop on the left. The safe is behind the cash register.
- The Collector's Edition guide of the Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide lists the weapon as being obtainable in the Vikki and Vance Casino floor safe, but in the game, it is in a floor safe in the Bison Steve Hotel.
- Lucky and That Gun have the second highest potential critical hit chance of all one-handed Guns, behind the silenced .22 pistol.
- Lucky can be seen on the cover of the Fallout: New Vegas game guide.
- Along with several other items, there is a version of Lucky located within the test cell TestMap01.
Behind the scenesEdit
- PC Playstation 3 When the player is reloading while running, the character may be stuck in glitchy animation after reloading completed for a few seconds or until aiming or firing to return back to normal animation. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Giving Lucky to Cass, Raul or Boone causes a regular .357 model to be displayed on their persons, but giving Lucky to Veronica shows the correct texture of the revolver. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have Lucky equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching weapons and then back again. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Using Lucky in V.A.T.S. may result in your character doing nothing for ~10–20 seconds, leaving you exposed to enemy attacks and unable to do anything during that time. It may be due to reloading and going into V.A.T.S. at the same time. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When reloading in 3rd person view, the loading gate (the little piece you flip open to load the rounds) can become stuck open. This is simply fixed by firing or holstering and redrawing the gun. [verified]