Loyal is the chief mechanic for the Nellis Air Force Base. Keeping the Solar array and other key machines functioning are his primary concerns. He has lived at Nellis since his people left Vault 34. Unlike the other Boomers, Loyal doesn't appear to be xenophobic. He actually seems to appreciate the Courier's help.
Loyal can be found eating breakfast in the Mess hall & munitions storage from 8:00-10:00am, then in the southern hangar of Nellis or in his house, which is the farthest to the left of the three barracks, on the back side of the two main hangars.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Sunshine Boogie: Loyal asks the player character to repair the broken arrays at the Nellis array.
- Ant Misbehavin': The player character can ask him for a sonic emitter to help clear away the ants in the generator room.
- Volare!: After becoming idolized by the Boomers, Pearl will describe the Boomers' dream of raising a Crashed B-29 bomber from the bottom of Lake Mead. She instructs the player character to talk to Loyal for more details about the project.
- Old School Ghoul: Loyal is one of three people the player character must talk to in order to help Raul Tejada.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
combat knife or
Loyal appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Playstation 3 Sometimes, if Crazy, Crazy, Crazy quest has not been completed, Loyal may disappear from Nellis Air Force Base. Completing that quest should fix this problem. Likewise, he can often be found via quest location marker.[verified]
- Xbox 360 If the player character has completed Volare! before doing the Render Unto Caesar or The House Always Wins questlines, Loyal becomes useless when attempting to get The Boomers to side with either faction. Despite the quest arrow pointing to him, the only remark he will give is about the resurrected plane. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Loyal may go missing after completing Volare! This is because the hanger with the B29 is replaced with another cell. Loyal may be stuck in the old cell. Loyal may be found passing through Black Mountain after killing all Nightkin guards. [verified]
- To fix this on PC, enter player.placeatme 000fed42 into the console when inside the B29 version of the hangar.