| ||For the entire Interstate 15 that appears in Fallout: New Vegas, see I-15.|
The Long 15 is a location in New California. It is part of the pre-War Interstate 15 and is used by the New California Republic as a minor military base and a checkpoint for travelers heading to and from the Mojave Wasteland.
Due to the destruction caused by the nuclear warheads launched at the end of The Apocalypse, the area is populated with irradiated heavy troopers and glowing trooper ghouls, along with their former commanding officer, Colonel Royez, who is also in a ghoulified state. The road from the entrance gate leads northwest and southwest around the crater site. The road to the northwest is populated by ghoulified troopers. To the southwest, a gate leads to a destroyed camp consisting of a small firing range, numerous ruined buildings and vehicles, and several crashed vertibirds. The road through the camp ends at a destroyed medical aid station where the colonel is initially found. Many bodies of dead ghoulified NCR troopers, along with those turned to ash piles, can be found scattered about the area as a result of the blast. Various lootable containers with larger amounts of ammunition and supplies than is typically found in the Mojave Wasteland are concentrated near the overturned trucks, sandbag emplacements, and medical station.
- Scorched Sierra power armor - Worn by Colonel Royez.
- Great Bear grenade rifle - In a gun case near Colonel Royez.
- Plasma caster - Carried by Colonel Royez.
- Five sets of NCR Ranger combat armor - Found on dead NCR troopers. One is found hanging over a road railing directly in front of the entrance. Another is found in front of a destroyed truck a short distance from the first. A third is under the collapsed overpass section with a tent frame under it that is a little further down the road than the first two sets of armor. A fourth is found in front of the second truck on the road. The final body is located near the gate to the campsite.
- Seven suits of NCR salvaged power armor - Three on the irradiated heavy troopers, and four on the bodies of dead NCR heavy troopers.
- Three high-tech gun cases - One near the highway pillar, containing a Tier 5 Energy Weapons, Guns and Melee Weapons skill weapon with ammo. Two more gun cases lie further down the road, at the end of a block-off road near an overturned truck, around glowing trooper ghouls.
- Two random weapon mods, and three weapon repair kits - In front of the firing range inside of a military shipping crate.
- Unlike every other non-base map location introduced through add-ons, companions can travel to both the Long 15 and Dry Wells due to their location inside the Mojave, rather than an entirely new area (i.e. Big MT, Zion National Park).
- Although the mushroom cloud seen at the end of The Apocalypse appears to be over the Mojave Outpost, the outpost is undamaged.
- The vertibirds seen crashed around the area bear Enclave markings from Navarro, as seen in the Remnants bunker instead of the NCR markings of President Kimball's vertibird.
- NCR infamy will not be received for killing the irradiated NCR heavy troopers found in the area, or for killing Colonel Royez.
- If the Explorer perk was chosen, and Lonesome Road is installed, the location will appear on the map, as well as Dry Wells.
- It can be very challenging to kill the irradiated heavy troopers, as their health recovers very rapidly from the radiation.
- The edge of the crater emits 20 rads/sec.
- The monument for the Ranger Unification Treaty can be seen in the direction of the Mojave Outpost.
- Many corpses dressed in NCR Ranger combat armor and NCR salvaged power armor are labeled as "NCR troopers" and hold service rifles and ammunition.
- On the other side of the back end of the zone (behind and underneath the jutting wall of ruined buildings), there is a destroyed red rocket children's playset, a teddy bear, a toy car, a wooden block (which says it can be taken, but activating it does nothing), and two child-sized skeletons. This area is not visible and cannot be reached without using console commands, and half of the area is inside the instant death zone.
- A black outline of a person who was vaporized by the blast can be found in the firing range. These imprints happen in the real world and are called "nuclear shadows," caused by the intense heat of an atomic blast. The blast changes the colors of surfaces like steps, walls, and pavement. When people or items block this light, their outline is left on the surface behind them. In the real world, the impression on the wall would be the opposite of that seen in-game, with the dark area consisting of the individual and wall or surface appearing lighter, akin to a real shadow.
- After visiting this location, Ulysses will have a unique dialogue the next time the Courier speaks with if left alive.
The Long 15 appears only in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road.
PC Playstation 3 Sometimes with Rex as a companion when going around the slanted road, he will go outside the map and will be irretrievable. This can also happen to Veronica Santangelo as a companion on PC. This can be fixed by going into the dismissal terminal, either at the Gun Runners or the Lucky 38, and dismissing all companions, and then retrieving them again later. Fast travelling may also work.[verified]