Lonesome Road brings the Courier's story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job -a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.
- Unlike Dead Money, Lonesome Road will release simultaneously on all platforms in July 2011.
- Lonesome Road will (like all other upcoming add-ons) raise the level cap by 5.
- The player's equipment will not be stripped from them at the beginning of the add-on, and the add-on has a linear structure.
- Contrary to some rumours, Lonesome Road will not add the ability to extend the game past the ending, á la Broken Steel.
- It has been said that this add-on will add new guns but unlike Honest Hearts there will not be any new type of ammo.[verification overdue]
- Lonesome Road will be the final add-on.[verification needed]
Behind the scenes
The phrase "Lonesome Road" appears in-game at the canyon wreckage, it is written in close proximity to other graffiti reading "The Divide", "You Can Go Home Courier", several figures resembling a backwards '6', and "Courier 6?", "Courier Six" apparently being the designation assigned to the player character by the Mojave Express.
The second courier referenced in Christine's ending is said earlier in the DLC to have "worn the flag of the Old World on his back" when he rescued Christine from the Big Empty. This fits the description of Ulysses, a companion who was cut from the final game.
"The Lonesome Road" is the name of a 1927 song by Nathaniel Shilkret and Gene Austin, which has been covered by several musicians who should be familiar to fans of the Fallout series, including the Andrews Sisters, Louis Armstrong, Eddy Arnold, Bing Crosby, Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Sid Phillips, Stan Kenton, Frank Sinatra, and Kay Kyser.
- ↑ Dialogue with Christine Royce during Dead Money
- ↑ Bethesda Blog » Blog Archive » Dead Money coming to PS3 & PC, more content on the way
- ↑ honest hearts screenshot, dlc out may 17 - Bethesda Softworks Forums.
- ↑ Is there anyone that DOES like having their gear taken away? - Bethesda Softworks Forums - Page 3
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas has a definitive end- Destructoid
- ↑ Twitter / @Chris Avellone: Today, I wrote the last li ...
- ↑ Johnson Nash
- ↑ Chris Avellone (chrisavellone) on Twitter