|For the perk in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road of the same name, see Lonesome Road (perk).|
Lonesome Road is the fourth and final add-on for Fallout: New Vegas, developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. Originally scheduled for release in July 2011, Lonesome Road was delayed and subsequently announced for an August release. It was later announced that the add-on had been delayed a second time. It was finally released simultaneously on all platforms on September 20, 2011. This concludes the story arc beginning with Dead Money chronologically, finally answering the foreboding clues given in add-ons past.
Lonesome Road brings the Courier's story full circle when they are contacted by the original "Courier Six," a man by the name of Ulysses, a former frumentarius of Caesar who refused to deliver the platinum chip at the start of the main storyline in Fallout: New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if the Courier takes one last job; a job that leads them into the great depths of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by frequent earthquakes and violent storms. This is the fabled location of the battle between the Courier and Ulysses. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few brave enough to walk it, none have ever returned. The first quest in this expansion begins with The Reunion.
Robots and computers
- Ashton missile silo
- Ashton silo control station
- Boxwood Hotel roof
- Cave of the Abaddon
- Collapsed overpass tunnel entrance
- High Road entrance
- High Road
- Hopeville armory
- Hopeville men's barracks
- Hopeville Missile Base - Loading station
- Hopeville Missile Base Headquarters
- Hopeville Missile Base
- Hopeville missile silo bunker
- Hopeville silo bunker entrance
- Hopeville women's barracks
- Junction 7 rest stop
- Marked men base
- Marked men camp
- Marked men guard outpost
- Marked men supply outpost
- Municipal sewers
- Pass to canyon wreckage
- Path to the Courier's Mile
- Ruined highway interchange
- Slide show theater room
- Sunstone Tower roof
- The Courier's Mile
- The Crow's Nest
- Third Street Municipal Building
- Ulysses' Temple
- Waste disposal station
- Wastewater treatment plant
Armor and clothing
- Advanced riot gear
- Advanced riot gear helmet
- Armor of the 87th Tribe
- Breathing mask
- Courier duster
- Elite riot gear
- Elite riot gear helmet
- Marked beast eyes helmet
- Marked beast face helmet
- Marked beast helmet
- Marked beast tribal helmet
- Marked patrol armor
- Marked scout armor
- Marked tribal armor
- Marked trooper armor
- Riot gear
- Riot gear helmet
- Scorched Sierra power armor
- Ulysses' duster
- Ulysses' mask
- US Army combat armor
- US Army General outfit
Schematics & Recipes
|Name||Requirement||Achievement points||Trophy type||Image|
|ED-Ecated||Found all of ED-E's upgrades in the Divide||20|
|Condemned to Repeat It||Launch a nuclear missile during The Launch
(masked as Decided the fate of all the Divide Dwellers)
|Hometown Hero||Completed Lonesome Road||30|
|Rocket's Red Glare||Acquired all upgrades for the Divide's signature weapon||25|
|Warhead Hunter||Detonated all the warheads in the Divide||30|
|Name||Recurring||Requirement||Amount to do||Perk Given||XP||Form ID|
|Condemned to Repeat It||Launched the nuclear missile from the Ashton silo.||1||-||500||00A5FD|
|ED-Ecated||Find all of ED-E's upgrades in the Divide.||5||Camarader-E||500||00A5FC|
|Hometown Hero||Completed Lonesome Road.||1||-||500||00A5FE|
|Rocket's Red Glare||Acquired all upgrades for the Divide's signature weapon.||3||-||500||00A601|
|Warhead Hunter||Detonated all of the warheads in the Divide.||30||-||500||00A604|
|Ends of the Earth||Discovered all the locations in the Divide.||25||-||100||00A5FF|
|Most Likely To...||Uncovered all 6 references to the past of Courier 6... your past.||6||-||100||00A5F9|
|Nostalgia||Found all journal entries in the Divide.||10||-||100||00A5F8|
|Feel Like a Kid Again||Find all of the RALPHIE the Robot posters in the Divide.||20||-||100||00CA7A|
|The Courier's Mile||Dared to venture into the Courier's Mile.||1||-||100||00A600|
|Ulysses' Odyssey||Discovered all about Ulysses' past.||6||-||100||00A5FA|
|Icon||Name||Location(s)||Given by||Reward||Quest ID|
|The Reunion||Canyon wreckage||Radio Signal||10 XP||003603|
|The Silo||The Divide||Pip-Boy||2200 XP||003617|
|The Job||Hopeville missile silo bunker||Ulysses||2310 XP||00360F|
|The Launch||High Road||Ulysses||4400 XP||0039E3|
|The Divide||Ashton silo control station||Pip-Boy||4400 XP||003610|
|The Tunnelers||Cave of the Abaddon||Pip-Boy||2200 XP||003613|
|The Courier||Ulysses' Temple||Pip-Boy||2200 XP||003616|
|The End||Ulysses' Temple||Pip-Boy||5000 XP, a footlocker containing various unique items, +1 SPECIAL Point,
+ Brotherhood of Steel fame, and Followers of the Apocalypse fame.
|The Apocalypse||Ulysses' Temple||Pip-Boy||5000 XP
Courier duster, Ulysses' duster, Ulysses' mask
+1 SPECIAL Point, Access to the Long 15 and/or Dry Wells
Boomers and Powder Ganger fame (both targets only)
NCR fame (targeted Legion)
Legion fame (targeted NCR)
|Name||Level req||Other requirements||Ranks||Benefit||Form ID|
|Alertness||12||PE between 6 and 9||1||+2 Perception when crouched and still.||00C252|
|Walker Instinct||18||Survival 50||1||+1 Perception and Agility when outside.||00C254|
|Irradiated Beauty||22||EN 8||1||Sleep removes all Rads (Hardcore: only -100 Rads).||00C255|
|Voracious Reader||22||IN 7||1||Damaged books become blank magazines; can copy existing magazines into blank magazines.||00C253|
|Lessons Learned||26||IN 6||1||+1% XP gain per player level.||00C256|
|Tunnel Runner||26||AG 8||1||+25% sneaking speed when wearing light or no armor.||00C258|
|Roughin' It||28||Survival 100||1||Sleeping outside gives Well Rested benefit.||00C251|
|Burden to Bear||30||ST 6, EN 6||1||+50 carry weight.||00C250|
|Broad Daylight||36||1||No Sneak penalty for using Pip-Boy light.||00A6DF|
|Certified Tech||40||1||+25% critical hit chance against robots, 85% chance of finding an extra crafting component on destroyed robots.||00A6DE|
|Ain't Like That Now||50||Karma less than -250||1||Karma reset to 0, +25% AP regeneration rate, +20% attack speed, immunity to critical hits.||00A749|
|Just Lucky I'm Alive||50||Karma between -250 and 250||1||+4 Luck for 3 minutes upon finishing a battle with less than 25% health; immunity to critical hits, +50% critical damage.||00C24F|
|Thought You Died||50||Karma at least 250||1||+10 Health per 100 Karma; Karma reset to 0, +10% damage, immunity to critical hits.||00C24E|
|Name||Unlock conditions||Ranks||Benefit||Form ID|
|The Bear-Slayer||Launch nuclear missiles at NCR.||1||+1 SPECIAL point, Caesar's Legion Fame, NCR Infamy||00C25B|
|Dead Man's Burden||Launch nuclear missiles at both Caesar's Legion and NCR.||1||+1 SPECIAL point, Boomers and Powder Gangers Fame, Caesar's Legion and NCR Infamy||00C25A|
|Divide Survivor||Stop the missile launch.||1||+1 SPECIAL point, Brotherhood of Steel and Followers of the Apocalypse Fame||00C25C|
|Lonesome Road||Leave ED-E behind in Ulysses' Temple.||1||+10% damage and +10% V.A.T.S. hit chance when you have no companions.||00A6DC|
|Marked||Kill three named Marked Men.||1||+10% damage and +10% DT against Marked Men||00A6DD|
|Scourge of the East||Launch nuclear missiles at Caesar's Legion.||1||+1 SPECIAL point, NCR Fame, Caesar's Legion Infamy||00C259|
- Suggested level for all platforms is 25+.
- Like all major Fallout: New Vegas add-ons, Lonesome Road raises the level cap by 5.
- The player character's equipment is not stripped at the beginning of the add-on, and the gameplay has a linear structure. See exception below.
- The player character can leave the Divide at any time during the add-on without having completed it and can return afterward if needed, except when they are about to face Ulysses. (The game will ask to proceed or not before they enter)
- The player character may also return to the Divide upon completion of the add-on.
- Lonesome Road does not extend gameplay past the game's original ending.
- Lonesome Road can affect part of the Mojave Wasteland after completing the main quest.
- Companions are not allowed into the add-on, as with all the other add-ons in Fallout: New Vegas.
- As with each of the quest extending New Vegas add-ons, Lonesome Road features a unique snow globe. This is also the last one in the set. It is cracked open and matches the setting of the divide.
- Unlike the rest of the add-ons, Lonesome Road does not feature an opening narration. Instead, ED-E's recorded messages serve as the opening to the add-on's story.
- It is implied through the Old World Blues ending that the events of Lonesome Road canonically take place after the three previous add-ons, as the final line spoken is "Only one road yet remained, and it was one the Courier had to walk alone," as the image onscreen is the Old World flag, a symbol often referring to Ulysses, the main focus of Lonesome Road. However, the add-ons can be completed in any order.
- Lonesome Road is the only add-on in which one may listen to both Mojave Music Radio and Radio New Vegas while visiting. As with all other add-ons, the mysterious broadcast may also be heard if Old World Blues is installed.
- The graffiti outside the canyon wreckage was there since the game's launch, showing that the add-on was planned well ahead of release.
Behind the scenes
- "The Lonesome Road" is the name of a 1927 song by Nathaniel Shilkret and Gene Austin, which has been covered by several musicians who should be familiar to fans of the Fallout series, including the Andrews Sisters, Louis Armstrong, Eddy Arnold, Bing Crosby, Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Sid Phillips, Stan Kenton, Frank Sinatra and Kay Kyser.
- Three holotapes that can be found in Lonesome Road were first released on Bethesda's official website prior to the add-on's release.
- Ulysses makes frequent mention of "the Bull and the Bear" when referring to Caesar's Legion and NCR, respectively, in reference to the symbols on their flags.
- Fallout: Welcome to the Official Site (dead links)
- soo, When is Lonesome Roads release date? - Bethesda Softworks Forums - Page 3 (dead links)
- Update on Lonesome Road release date - Bethesda Softworks Forums (dead link)
- Lonesome Road Coming September 20, Courier's Stash and Gun Runners Arsenal One Week Later -bethblog.com (dead link)
- After completion of the Dead Money add-on
- Honest Hearts screenshot, dlc out may 17 - Bethesda Softworks Forums (dead link)
- Is there anyone that DOES like having their gear taken away? - Bethesda Softworks Forums - Page 3 (dead link)
- Fallout: New Vegas has a definitive end- Destructoid
- Unmasking the Gamers: Jason Bergman – Bethesda game producer, father, and Superman fan
- Bethesda holotape 1 (dead link)
- Bethesda holotape 2 (dead link)