Split (reason: Should be split by game like other perks)
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split. Please help Nukapedia by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
“Who needs friends, anyway? When adventuring without a companion, you take 15% less damage and carry weight increases by 50.”— Fallout 4 description
“Who needs friends anyway? If you prefer a solo exploration, you can add value that would normally require Endurance and Strength bonuses at lower ranks. The relatively low CHR requirement means the first rank of this is an extremely attractive proposition.”— Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide description
|1||CH 3||Who needs friends, anyway? When adventuring without a companion, you take 15% less damage and carry weight increases by 50.||001D246B|
|2||CH 3, LVL 17||When adventuring without a companion, you take 30% less damage and carry weight increases by 100||001D246D|
|3||CH 3, LVL 40||When adventuring without a companion, you do 25% more damage.||001D246E|
|4||CH 3, LVL 50||When adventuring without a companion, you have 25 more action points.||0365F8|
- This perk's effects still apply with Dogmeat as an active companion.
- It seems that the player character needs to fast travel or wait a certain amount of time for the effects of the Lone Wanderer perk to take effect (i.e. for damage values to change) after a companion is dismissed.
- This perk and Attack Dog are unique in offering actual damage reduction instead of a set amount of damage resistance. It offers an increasing amount of effective damage resistance depending on the player's damage resistance.
“Who needs friends, anyway?”
|1||When adventuring alone, take 10% less damage and gain 10% AP regen.||001D246B|
|2||When adventuring alone, take 15% less damage and gain 20% AP regen.||001D246D|
|3||When adventuring alone, take 20% less damage and gain 30% AP regen.||001D246E|
- The perk stacks with Dodgy, and Suppressor to effectively reduce incoming damage by 80%.
- The perk checks if the player is on a team, rather than if the number of teammates is greater than 0, meaning that it will not work even if the player is on a team by themselves.
Behind the scenes