Background[edit | edit source]
Originally a radio listening bunker for the U.S. Military, it was designed to monitor any threats coming in over the radio. At some point before the bombs fell, a soldier was stationed there to listen to radio frequencies. This soldier stated he had to stay down there for a month, and reported hearing strange words over the radio, and banging inside the elevator even though it was locked down where he was.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
There is a fenced landing pad opposite the entrance. Protecting the entrance to the bunker are two pre-War laser turrets and a Protectron. Inside the entrance, an advanced level security gate protects a tool-case and leveled ammo. Behind the nearby desk is a military skeleton that's fallen out of a desk chair, and a Master level terminal next to an inoperable elevator. The terminal will allow the elevator to be powered, and the Sole Survivor can descend into the bunker.
Interior[edit | edit source]
There are two destroyed Protectrons, and an offline turret. There is also an armor workbench and a weapons workbench in the southeast corner. The turret can be brought online and hacked from the monitoring terminal close to the elevator. Once inside, a yao guai will likely charge into the room from an adjacent cave through a damaged wall. Beyond the hole in the wall is a pool of water, with the bones of at least five people and a suitcase below the surface, however, the suitcase cannot be accessed. Further into the cave is a breach into the other room of the listening post where a steamer trunk can be found.
This location has an additional accessible room if the quest Blind Betrayal is active or has been completed.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Three grape Mentats - One on a console on the western wall of the first subterranean room, and two more on the console against the northern wall of the second room (accessed through the cave).
- Paladin Danse final entry - If Danse commits suicide during Blind Betrayal. [verified]
- Hellfire power armor - Located at to the southeast of the bunker, at the Forged camp.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This location will become Paladin Danse's new home if he is still alive after the conclusion of Blind Betrayal. He will quickly begin building additional appliances, such as a bed and power armor station, within the bunker.
- Although there is a yao guai living in the underground cave with some bones and meat around, there isn't any form of entrance to the cave except via the locked lift.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Listening Post Bravo appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
There is a terminal located underground that references the Swedish heavy metal band Katatonia. One of the log entries mentions a call sign, "D-E-K," which is a reference to their album Dead End Kings. It also quotes some of the lyrics of the song Dead Letters from that album:
My dreams are getting darker and darker
This life before me
Its blood runs so still...
The lead vocalist of Katatonia and the character who wrote the terminal entries also share the same last name, Renkse.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 282: "[2.17] LISTENING POST BRAVO
An ex-military checkpoint to scavengers is like a porch lamp for bugs. It is currently devoid of human foes, with only robots active in this area. Below ground, the bunker abuts a Yao Guai cave."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)