Infobox incomplete (duration, etc)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Clear the initial Scorched from the area around the entrance to the building and repair the sonic generator and the automated surface to air missile (ASAM). When ready, access the terminal and initiate the pre-combat check. Defend the sonic generator and repair it if it gets destroyed. Focus on defeating the Scorched and allow the ASAM to take care of the scorchbeasts. The only few ways to fail this event is to let the event timer run out, or to let the timer to repair the generator run out. While not a quest requirement, repair of the ASAM may also be necessary as it may be difficult to kill the scorchbeasts if it goes offline, unless multiple players focus their fire on the scorchbeasts to take them down quickly, especially if they are legendary enemies.
This article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
- Two fusion cores
- The sonic generator can be activated to toggle it on and off. This has no effect on event behavior and the Scorched will still attack an unpowered generator. There is no button prompt for interacting with the sonic generator.
- There are fixed defenses (barricades and turrets) surrounding the central area that can be repaired by players before the second quest stage.
- The Scorched attack from six directions; from the south (around the corner of the asylum building), through four gaps in the fence along the highway (including the gate house) to the west, and from the north through a small gate in the fence. The number of directions used is proportional to the number and position of players participating (the west approaches are used even with only one player present and the south being the last used only if there are players manning the barricade that way.)
- Scorched and scorchbeasts can be distracted by other nearby targets (e.g. cargobots) and may leave the area, making the event impossible to complete as it depends on eliminating the enemy waves.
- There is no button prompt for interacting with the sonic generator. [verified]
- Scorched that spawn in either wooded area or near the guardhouse may become blocked and will be unable to find their way to the generator. They must be killed in order for the next wave to spawn, however their compass indicator may only show up when approached. [verified]
- The repairable laser turrets occasionally may not spawn, or are invisible and non-interactable. [verified]