The memorial is damaged but still standing. Many of its walls are corroded, and the statue of Lincoln is missing its head. When one first arrives at this location, they are threatened by Silas, who tells the player character to stay away from the memorial. They are directed to an entrance to the left of stairs to meet Leroy Walker, who leads Silas and the slavers from Paradise Falls.
According to the slavers, it is kept under guard to prevent slaves from getting any ideas about freedom. One slaver mentions that the site might be demolished to reduce the slave society's awareness of Lincoln.
Before the quest Head of State, the Lincoln statue head is at the Temple of the Union. Hannibal Hamlin sets up a settlement at the Lincoln Memorial and restores the head to the statue if the player character helps him clear the area of slavers. Upon returning after completing Head of State for the former slaves, three tents will be next to the memorial consisting of useable beds. The inscription previously worked on by Caleb Smith is also present above the statue, moved from the Temple of the Union.
There are thirteen frag mines scattered around the back and side perimeter of the memorial. Three trip wires that can be disarmed are on the path behind the memorial. Each is connected to a grenade bouquet. One is in the tree line to the northeast. There are also two other tripwires protecting holes in the memorial's walls; one is connected to a grenade bouquet, the other to a swing object.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum, located in the memorial maintenance room on the ground floor on a metal shelf, near Leroy Walker. It can be stolen with no Karma loss.
- Five Nuka-Colas in the maintenance room and four in the refugee tent.
Behind the scenes
- The location is based on the real world Lincoln Memorial, a national memorial built to honor the 16th president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. It is located on the western end of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., across from the Washington Monument.
- Two real world speeches are inscribed on the monument in-game, including Lincoln's Second Inaugural and Gettysburg Address.
- The Lincoln Memorial can be seen on "Channel 8: Washington, D.C." of the Prepare for the Future teaser site.
- Sometimes when entering for the first time, the slavers will not be there. [verified]
- Sometimes Leroy Walker is not there, or already inside the building. [verified]
- If you kill one of the followers that you fired near Hannibal Hamlin and his other groups, they turn hostile. [verified]
- The Lone Wanderer: "Why are you so interested in Lincoln artifacts?"
Leroy Walker: "Slaves all over the Wasteland have started talking about Lincoln and his great war to free the slaves. We can't have them thinking they deserve to be free. So I'm burning everything I can find related to this Abe Lincoln."
(Leroy Walker's dialogue)
- The Lone Wanderer: "So this is the Lincoln Memorial?"
Silas: " "