This weapon is very similar to the Bozar, but is less powerful. It uses the same ammunition type, but does less damage and fires fewer rounds (10 vs the Bozar's 15) per burst. Whilst outclassed later on in the game the light support weapon has many advantages over the Bozar for low level characters. It is much more practical than the Bozar when dealing with multiple, weaker targets (that the Bozar would be overkill on) as it allows the player to engage three different enemies per burst rather than the Bozar's two.
- Claim Jumpers and the people they fight on Redding caravans sometimes carry light support weapons
- Mai Da Chiang, the owner of Red 888 Guns in San Francisco will sometimes stock them
- Buster, in the NCR Bazaar, will sometimes sell them
- One may be pick-pocketed from a guard outside of Buster's shop
Behind the scenes
- Though never named in game, the LSW is modelled after the L86A1 LSW, originally manufactured as a squad support variant of the SA80 family of small arms used by the British Armed Forces. It was later replaced in this role and is now used as a marksman rifle.