|For an overview of machine gun models, see Machine gun.|
The light machine gun is a fully automatic 5.56mm machine gun with a rapid rate of fire and an ammunition capacity of 90 5.56mm rounds. In 2281 within the New California Republic Army, the light machine gun is only issued to the NCR heavy troopers.
The light machine gun has a decent rate of fire, high magazine capacity, damage, and remarkably fast reload speed. The weapon has moderate spread unless aimed down sights. However, it is very hefty, weighing in at fifteen pounds. The weapon additionally has a Strength requirement of 8 and a Guns requirement of 100, making it difficult to wield. With the requirements and associated perks, this weapon is especially good for killing large packs of enemies, regardless of armor, due to its high rate of fire and its ability to chamber armor-piercing ammunition.
The light machine gun can fire a total of about 3995 standard rounds, the equivalent of 45 reloads, or 20 reloads when modified with expanded drums, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP, AP & match||3995||45|
|.223 caliber round||4995||56|
- Light MG expanded drums - Increases ammunition capacity by 110.
- Bozar - A powerful automatic 5.56mm sniper rifle added to the game by the add-on Gun Runners' Arsenal.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Light machine gun||21||252||12||x0.06||21||5||18||5.8||1.5||90||3995||15||5200||346.7||100||8|
|Light machine gun||21||252||12||x0.06||21||5||18||5.8||1.5||200||3995||15||8400||560||100||8|
- A light machine gun in good condition can be found near the back of Quarry Junction in the matriarch's den, along with several deathclaw eggs, some 5.56mm ammo and a mini nuke.
- From level 16 onwards it can be purchased from the Vendortron at the Gun Runners kiosk.
- Can be purchased from Knight Torres at Hidden Valley, if Elder McNamara allows one to buy from their armory.
- NCR heavy troopers may carry them.
- Super mutant masters and nightkin masters occasionally carry them.
- One of the respawning super mutants at an encampment north of Ranger Station Bravo and west of the Devil's Throat sometimes carries one.
- Marked men marauders may carry them.
- The light machine gun and its unique version the Bozar are the only fully-automatic 5.56mm firearms in the entire game.
- In Hardcore mode with the expanded drum modification, a magazine at full capacity weighs a hefty 5.2 pounds. With the Pack Rat perk, this is halved to a still significant 2.6 pounds.
Behind the scenes