The bonuses this perk adds are different from the base critical chance modification granted by other perks like Finesse. While Finesse increases your base critical chance, Light Touch merely adds a flat modifier of 5% to the player and a flat 25% penalty to enemies. A modifier is different from base critical chance modification because it ignores the weapon's critical multiplier, so if the player is wielding a weapon with a 5x critical multiplier, the bonus added by this perk will still be only 5%. However, it is also not divided by an automatic weapon's fire rate as normal critical chance is. Light Touch will always add exactly 5% critical chance regardless of whatever weapon you are using.
To calculate the overall critical chance, multiply your base critical chance by the weapon's critical multiplier and ADD a flat bonus of 5% granted by Light Touch (as well as another 5% bonus granted by V.A.T.S. if you are using V.A.T.S.).
The same applies to the enemy critical chance penalty. An enemy with 15% base critical chance wielding a weapon with 2x critical multiplier will have an overall critical chance of 30%. After subtracting 25% for Light Touch, the enemy still has 5% chance to score a critical on the target.
- This perk works even when wearing no armor at all. This is because the script assigned to the perk actually checks that the player is not wearing an item on a list of specified heavy and medium armors.
- In the perk icon, Vault Boy is wearing leather armor.
- This perk works well with Set Lasers for Fun and Laser Commander, allowing for a flat 19% increase in critical chance with all Laser weapons.
- If your character plans on using mostly light armor in the game, Travel Light and Tunnel Runner go well with this perk.
- Dead Money DLC and leaving Goodsprings and rebuilding your character, the process does not remove any Dead Money perks. [verified] When making a new character and taking this perk or any other added by the