The holotape to activate this station can be found in the X-2 transmitter antenna array. Light Switch 01 speaks to the player intelligently, but in a seductive tone. She makes innuendos and comments on the player's decisions. The Light Switch 01 Upgrade: Smart Lights can be found on the bottom most level of the X-12 research center leaning against a projecting unit. It appears to be in a conflict with Light Switch 02.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- All My Friends Have Off Switches: Light Switch 01 is one of the appliances you have to give the upgrade codes to.
- Influencing People: The Smart Lights upgrade for Light Switch 01 must be found and installed.
Effects of player's actions
- After retrieving the upgrade module for Light Switch 01, the switch can bathe the Courier in "Smart Light", effectively increasing their Intelligence by 2, and their Science and Repair skills by 5 points each. This effect will linger for up to twelve hours, or unless the player activates the "Mood Lights" controlled by Light Switch 02.
- Without the upgrade module, it is only possible to use the light switch to toggle the normal lights while the Personality Matrices are toggled off at the Sink CIU.
- The Courier can flatter her using the Cherchez La Femme or Lady Killer perks, and seduce her eventually.
There was a dialogue option for Light Switch 01, acknowledging that the smart lights upgrade were found, but it is not present in the game.
- "Unlike certain other lightswitches, I'm competent, I'd just love to turn those lights on for you."
- "Have you been poking at the other light switch? You know she's riddled with virii don't you?"
- "Adjusting lights for maximum concentration levels."
- "Is the light level to your liking?"
- "Maybe we could dim the lights and have a candlelit discussion of classic literature?"
- "Oh.. well.. That's very sweet of you. Maybe one of these nights we can 'discuss theorems."
The "Smart Light" and "Mood Light" bonuses are applied to the player only when the player enter dialogue with the light switch and toggle such light. So, after the light is toggled, when the bonuses passes, just re-entering the Sink and be exposed to the light won't be enough to get the bonuses again.
- In this case, to get again the bonuses of the light already toggled, it is needed to first toggle any other type of light (even normal light or lights off will work) and then toggle to the desired light again.