|For a cross-game overview, see lever-action rifle.|
An uncommon rifle usually found at level 50 or above. It uses the commonly found .45 round and has a plethora of weapon mods but this is offset by the rareness of finding multiple lever action rifles.
Short lever action rifle Lv 45 (1)
Short lever action rifle Lv 35 (1)
- The plans can be purchased at Grafton Station, Welch Station and Lewisburg Station at random times from the vendor. The plan is called "Lever Gun."
- Drops at a high rate in the deathclaw cave at the abandoned waste dump in the far east.
- As part of the firing animation, the lever action is cycled once, and a spent casing is ejected. The reload animation, regardless of magazine capacity prior to the reload, includes a second cycling of the action and a second spent casing being ejected, despite the weapon not having been fired a second time. If the second cycle were performed with a an empty magazine, there would be no casing left to eject as the firing animation would have already ejected it, and if performed with live rounds still in the magazine, the second cycle would eject an unfired round.
- patch 188.8.131.52, no matter how many bullets are fired, the gun would always reload as if all 5 were used. The same bug was present in Far Harbor.[verified] Prior to
- Despite their descriptions, the hair trigger, tuned, fierce, and steadfast receiver mods do not increase fire rate. [verification needed]