|For an overview of shotgun models, see shotgun.|
A shotgun, also called a "scattergun," is a firearm designed to shoot a multitude of lead or steel balls of varying sizes, greatly increasing the weapon's hit potential. This makes it very effective at hunting game. However, the accuracy and power found at close range starts to diminish as the target gets farther away. Shotguns designed for the military's use are often called "combat shotguns."
Adding to the variety of shotguns found in Fallout: New Vegas, this shotgun has a lever-action (similar to the cowboy repeater) and fires a 20 gauge shotgun shell. It has the highest damage-per-second of all 20-gauge shotguns. The only real disadvantages to the lever-action are the ammunition capacity and the fact that it must be single-loaded instead of feeding from a detachable magazine. Additionally, the time it takes for the player to open up and close the lever action at the start and end of the reloading cycle takes an extraordinarily long time, meaning that attempting to load and fire individual shells will reduce the effective fire rate significantly.
The gun can be interrupted mid-way through reloading and fired immediately if needed. When killing an enemy with this shotgun, it has the ability to send the unfortunate individual sprawling, potentially over five feet.
The lever-action shotgun can fire a total of about 495 standard shells, the equivalent of 99 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, 3/0 buck, slug & pulse slug||495||99|
|Magnum & 3/0 buck Magnum||430||86|
- Atomic Wrangler Casino - Behind the check-in counter, on top of the shelves.
- Big Horn Saloon, Boulder City - In the back room, sitting on on a Sunset Sarsaparilla crate.
- Crimson Caravan guards carry them.
- Followers guards carry them.
- Durable Dunn's sacked caravan - On the corpse of a dead Crimson Caravan guard.
- Great Khan warriors and Prime legionaries at the Second Battle of Hoover Dam may carry them.
- Gun Runners - It can be bought from Vendortron.
- Fiends occasionally carry them.
- Miguel's Pawn Shop, Westside - Found in the basement, on the bottom shelf of the shelving unit. Can be stolen or purchased.
- Mick in Mick & Ralph's wields one.
- executive suites of the Sierra Madre Casino & Resort. In the
Behind the scenes
The reload animation of lever action weapons doesn't have a corresponding jam animation, so the weapon will not jam, even at near-breaking conditions.[verified]