| ||For an overview of lever-action rifle models, see Lever-action rifle.|
The lever-action rifle has a 5-round tube magazine, fed by a loading gate on the left side of the receiver. This rifle is chambered for .45-70 government rounds. The barrel may be customized with short or long ported barrels. Unlike other rifles, recon scopes are not available for this weapon, nor are there any mods that improve ammo capacity or reloading speed. However, it may be fitted with a compensator to reduce recoil or a suppressor to reduce the noise of its shots.
- Old Reliable, sold by Dejen in Acadia.
- Lucky Eddy, received after The Way Life Should Be from Allen Lee as a reward for siding with Far Harbor and destroying Acadia.
- Occasionally wielded by the trappers.
- Allen Lee in the Far Harbor gun store also sells one or two every two days.
- Legendary versions appear both in Far Harbor and in the Commonwealth, once Far Harbor is installed.
- Though the long barrel mod extends the magazine tube as well, the ammunition capacity remains at 5 rounds regardless.
- On the cover of Astoundingly Awesome Tales issue #2 (The Starlet Sniper), a lever-action sniper rifle can be clearly seen.
- Regardless of how many bullets are fired off, the Sole Survivor will load 5 bullets as if the gun were empty. This is due to the weapon using the same reloading mechanic as any other gun, not one similar to the lever action weapons seen in Fallout: New Vegas.