Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The Legion centurion armor is by far the strongest suit of armor available to Caesar's Legion, with a full set of both armor and helmet providing a Damage Threshold of 23, only 1 less point than a full set of the famous NCR Ranger combat armor. The armor is composed of other pieces of armor taken from that of the wearer's defeated opponents in combat.
The parts appear to be:
- Helmet of a super mutant brute, polished and with a centurion's frill.
- Right pauldron and forearm of a suit of T-45d power armor.
- Left forearm, gloves, and hip plates from NCR Ranger patrol armor.
- Chest piece of a super mutant's armor.
- Shin guards and the boots from combat armor.
- Both gloves are from leather armor.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Caesar's Legion safehouse - A full set can be found if patch 22.214.171.124x is installed.
- Camp McCarran - Silus is wearing the body part.
- Cottonwood Cove - Aurelius of Phoenix is wearing a set. One can pickpocket his armor very early in the game by reverse-pickpocketing a fully repaired Brotherhood of Steel armor on him found on dead BOS soldiers in the wasteland. Since BOS armor requires training, it's useless to the player character at the beginning of the game, but Aurelius can equip it.
- Releasing the radioactive barrels in the quest Eye for an Eye will also kill him. One can then loot his body for the armor afterward.
- The Legion centurions during the battle of Hoover Dam wear the body armor, and sometimes wear the helmet as well.
- Full sets can be found on legionary assassins as of patch 126.96.36.1995.
- Dry Wells - Gaius Magnus is wearing the helmet. Only obtainable if the Legion is nuked during the quest The Apocalypse.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is considered to be one of the rarest non-unique armors in the game, as there are only two locations before the final battle of Hoover Dam. Normally the helmet is only worn by Aurelius of Phoenix and by the Legion centurions at the last stages of the game. As of patch 188.8.131.525, they are often worn by legionary assassins.
- It is also one of the heaviest medium armors at a weight of 35 pounds, making it as heavy as Gannon family Tesla armor.
- If worn by a female character, the T-45d pauldron will be upright rather than folded down.
- Legate Lanius wears centurion armor rather than Legate's armor on the strip in his ending if Caesar's Legion wins at Hoover Dam and Caesar dies during Et Tumor, Brute?
Bugs[edit | edit source]
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When swinging one-handed melee weapons in first person, the camera glitches inside the armor. [verified]