A tenement block stronghold, now controlled by raiders.
The Layton Towers are a set of two towers in the Back Bay area. A dozen raiders control the tower interior and exterior. The towers are connected together through an internal pathway on the fifth floor. There are three entrances to the towers, one on the ground floor of the western tower, and one on the roof of each tower. The roof entrance to the eastern tower requires the use of an external elevator.
Both towers comprise six floors but only the fifth and sixth floors are accessible in the eastern tower, and the second floor is inaccessible in the western tower. On the fifth floor of the eastern tower, a sleeping bag can be found in the broken elevator. Next to the same elevator, there is a chemistry station. There is a living area on the roof of the eastern tower where the Sole Survivor can find two mattresses, a steamer trunk, a cooking station and a weapons workbench, along with a raider and her attack dog.
- Fusion core - On the ground floor of the western tower, in a machinery room.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - On the ground floor of the western tower, in the entrance room.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- To the Mattresses: The synth-hating L&L Gang is a major threat to the Railroad. Desdemona has a lead on them and asks the Sole Survivor to help neutralize their members.
- On the second accessible floor of the building in the northeast corner it appears a raider has had an overdose on Jet. There is Jet and a tipped over enamel bucket with what looks like vomit on the floor next to the body.
- On the third accessible floor, there is a television set in a room that has bullet holes shot into the screen in the shape of a happy face.
- Within the courtyard, there is a sign that is misspelled as "Layton Appartments."
Layton Towers appears only in Fallout 4.
PC It is possible to walk through the outside door on the top floor eastern exit, with no prompt to "Enter Layton Towers" showing up. Going through the door one can see through the mesh of the tower and the player character will fall to their death. Saving and reloading will fix it (prompt to enter Layton Towers will appear and the door is solid). [verified]
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide pp. 450-451: "ZONE 11: NEIGHBORHOOD: BACK BAY
Back Bay was once known for its numerous brownstones of architectural significance. It is now dominated by the Trinity Tower skyscraper, an immense building constructed close to the old church and public library. Now the streets and alleyways are home to roving bands of Raiders, ferals, and packs of wild dogs. The tower still stands, which is more than can be said for another skyscraper, which has half toppled into the Dartmouth Professional Building. Keep going south to reach a Raider tenement block stronghold of Layton Towers. Super Mutants have a powerful grip on this part of the city, too, decorating the Wilson Atomatoys Corporate HQ and Trinity Tower with meat bags and bloody spikes."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide)