At some point before the War, he was organizing a summit involving political and industrial leaders from the Appalachia Territory to discuss their success in automating local industry and businesses and how these efforts could be replicated across the nation.
In 2077, he disbanded the White House press corps and abandoned the White House, relocating to Control Station ENCLAVE roughly six months before the war.[Non-canon 1] This was because, before or during his presidency, he joined the Enclave, a secret shadow government of high ranking government officials, military officers and powerful corporate interests. While the president went into hiding, his Cabinet remained in Washington, and the Cabinet Nuclear Alarm system set up in case of a required evacuation from a nuclear war. However, the system was tampered with, and most of the Cabinet members were removed. The Secretaries of the Interior and Treasury went to the Whitespring bunker alongside Secretary of Agriculture Thomas Eckhart, while the president remained on the Enclave oil rig. On the day of the Great War, at 9:26 in the morning, his executive code was authenticated and used in response to detected Chinese ICBMs.
- Last Cabinet of the United States
- White House spokesman - Warren Eccleston (possibly, see notes for further information)
- His executive codename was "Bagman."
- The last president's exact ascension to the presidency is unclear. According to the Sierra Depot GNN transcript, a president was impeached in February 2075, and in March 2076, his successor ordered the Pacific division of the United States Navy to a Poseidon Oil rig, citing concerns over Chinese military presence being close to American oil reserves. However, the transcript contains several lore inaccuracies and is a generally unreliable source. Barring any changes to the election schedule, a presidential election would have been held in November 2076, meaning that a president would have been inaugurated on January 20, 2077. It is unknown if any references prior to January 20, 2077 are in reference to the last president of the United States or his predecessor.
- White House spokesman Warren Eccleston stated on January 11, 2077, that the president had to downgrade his nightly dinner from prime rib to cube steak, and drink "detestable" Chateau Montrose 2043 wine due to rationing. However, the last President of the United States would not have been in office on this date, unless he had been serving as president in the previous presidential term.
- Letter from the president image
- Boston Bugle building terminal entries; Article 4, "White House Remains Empty - Where is our President?"
- Letter from the president
- MODUS: "
- The Whitespring bunker terminal entries; archival terminal, Cabinet Nuclear Alarm Logs
- The Switchboard terminal entries; DEFCON Status - 2077
- Department of Energy
- United States Post Office Department
- Silo network security codes, Lonesome Road
- Fort Constantine launch codes, Fallout 3
- See Sierra Depot GNN transcript for information.
- Capitol Post terminal entries; Capital Post Top Stories -- January 11, 2077, Food Riots Rile Feds
- President's eyes ONLY
- Non-canon sources