At some point before the war, he was organizing a summit involving political and industrial leaders from the Appalachia Territory to discuss their success in automating local industry and businesses and how these efforts could be replicated across the nation.
He disbanded the White House press corps and abandoned the White House, relocating to Control Station ENCLAVE roughly six months before the war. On the day of the Great War, his executive code was authenticated and used in response to detected nuclear launches.
- His executive codename was "Bagman."
- According to the Sierra Depot GNN transcript, a president was impeached in February 2075, and in March 2076, his successor ordered the Pacific division of the United States Navy to a Poseidon Oil rig, citing concerns over Chinese military presence being close to American oil reserves.
- White House spokesman Warren Eccleston stated on January 11, 2077, that the president had to downgrade his nightly dinner from prime rib to cube steak, and drink "detestable" Chateau Montrose 2043 wine due to rationing.
- The Pirate Radio advertisement for Sonic Squire mentions that the commander-in-chief gave "fireside chats."
Behind the scenes
The last president is also mentioned in the Fallout Bible.[Non-canon 1]
- Letter from the president image
- Boston Bugle building terminal entries; Article 4, "White House Remains Empty - Where is our President?"
- Letter from the president
- President's eyes ONLY
- The Switchboard terminal entries; DEFCON Status - 2077
- The Whitespring bunker terminal entries; archival terminal, Cabinet Nuclear Alarm Logs
- Silo network security codes, Lonesome Road
- Fort Constantine launch codes, Fallout 3
- Capitol Post terminal entries; Capital Post Top Stories -- January 11, 2077, Food Riots Rile Feds
- Pirate Radio/Advertisements
- Fallout Bible 0: "2077 March Prepared for a nuclear or biological attack from China, the president and the Enclave retreats to remote sections around the globe and make contingency plans for continuing the war."