| || For an overview of laser pistol in the Fallout universe, see laser pistol.|
For the main game version of this weapon, see Laser pistol (Fallout: New Vegas).
The AEP7 laser pistol was put into service to replace the AEP5 model. With a generous battery size, tight shot grouping at range, resilience to extended use, and fairly decent damage output, it is a very good choice for a sidearm and is used extensively in this role by the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave in the Capital Wasteland.
As the successor to the AEP5, it boasted a redesigned focusing crystal pattern, an improved photonic focusing chamber, and selectable laser focus, wavelength, pulse energy and repetition rate. In addition, it was lighter and less bulky than its predecessor and was perceived as a step toward replacing the N99 10mm pistol with a laser weapon as the standard issue sidearm for military forces.
The AEP7 was produced in large numbers thanks to newly developed manufacturing technologies in the United States, although logistics and supply issues (caused by prolonged war with China) prevented its wide-scale deployment.
The AEP7 laser pistol (GRA) is an AEP7 laser pistol specially designed by Gun Runners to accept weapon modifications not available for the standard variant. The GRA AEP7 also features a different firing sound. It is also centered (as if it had iron sights) when aiming.
It is also an improved holdout weapon, so it can be concealed with a Sneak skill of 50 or above.
The laser pistol (GRA) can fire a total of about 995 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 34 reloads, or 25 reloads when modified with the recycler, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Recycler|
- Laser pistol combat sights - adds iron sights to the weapon for increased combat performance.
- Laser pistol focus optics - increases damage +3.
- Laser pistol recycler - replenishes ammunition (1/4 shots).
- Laser pistol - the common variant found in the Mojave Wasteland.
- Pew Pew - a unique variant found in the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters vault.
- Missing laser pistol - found only during the Pistol Packing unmarked quest.
- Compliance Regulator - a unique variant found in Zion Canyon.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Missing laser pistol||11||41.3||3.75||x1.5||11||15||0.7||0.1||30||995||3||175||58.3||0||1|
- Goodsprings General Store, sold by Chet.
- Mojave Outpost, sold by Lacey.
- Silver Rush, sold by Gloria Van Graff.
- Gun Runners, sold by Vendortron.
- Various merchants around the Mojave Wasteland.
This weapon will still be brought center screen for aiming with the true iron sights option turned off under gameplay settings.
| || |