It is a large book, heavily damaged by the Great War or subsequent events.
It is useful only as Rock-It Launcher ammunition in Fallout 3. In Fallout: New Vegas it can be used (via the Book Chute in the add-on Old World Blues) to make blank books. These can be used with skill book recipes to make skill books. With the Voracious Reader perk, they can be used to create skill magazines as well. They can be found in many locations in both games, predominately in houses and libraries.
Large burned books can be found in many ruins across the Capital and Mojave Wastelands, in places too numerous to list. They are often found on bookshelves or on the floor inside of most offices, houses, and other buildings.
- 92 in the Museum of History offices.
- 43 in the Arlington Library lobby.
- 38 in the Springvale school's elementary section.
- 33 in the RobCo facility's offices and cafeteria.
- 30 in the reception area of the Chryslus Building.
- 70 in Calvert Mansion in Point Lookout.
- 32 in Blackhall Manor.
Fallout: New Vegas
- 35 in REPCONN test site facility.
- 24 in the Bison Steve Hotel's second and third floors in Primm.
- 20 in the H&H Tools Factory.