Background[edit | edit source]
Lana Danvers was born in 2247. Danvers, 30, is Harkness's second in command and best friend, though their relationship is strictly platonic (her husband was also a Rivet City security officer, but he died of disease a couple of years ago). If Harkness leaves Rivet City, she is promoted to the security chief. Danvers gives preferential treatment to hangar deck residents. She has a mild disdain for upper deck residents; this is a source of mild friction between Harkness and Danvers.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
She can be found on the second or third level of the bridge tower. After 9 PM she works her night shift in the marketplace. The market closes after dark, and some characters in the marketplace may tell the player character to leave or say, "You shouldn't be here!" Should the Lone Wanderer stay too long, she and nearby non-player characters may turn hostile.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Council Seat: The player character needs to speak with her to complete the quest. If she is killed, the quest may not be able to be completed, and consequently, the option of gaining the deathclaw gauntlet schematic quest reward is lost.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- She is the first in line to become the security chief and take the seat on the Rivet City Council if Harkness can no longer fill these roles (see The Replicated Man).
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "She's some sort of genius. You know. One of those egg head scientist types. Her lab is in the stern end of the ship."
- "Don't you believe the rumors. His ghost is certainly NOT haunting the bow of the ship. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have work to do."
- "Duty calls."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Lana Danvers appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 It is possible to get her and Harkness to both be chief at the same time if, during the Replicated Man quest, you ask Harkness if you can kill Zimmer, tell Zimmer that Harkness is the android, then kill Zimmer, and the game will act as if he left even if he hasn't.[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 She will refer to herself as "Chief Danvers" in conversation if she takes over for Harkness, although she has been known to call Harkness the current member of the council even after he has left.[verified]