|For an overview of lever-action rifle models, see Lever-action rifle.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A unique variant of the cowboy repeater, it has a scope that was mounted on the rifle by Corporal Sterling, produces slightly more damage, and reloads faster as it does not load through the loading gate (it lacks one), but through the front of the magazine tube (similar to Lincoln's repeater). Also, the La Longue Carabine is more accurate than a regular cowboy repeater. This spread has been reduced greatly as a result of the patch 184.108.40.2062, and it is now slightly more than that of the marksman carbine.
Like most unique weapons, weapon modifications cannot be used on La Longue Carabine. However, by default, it comes with aforementioned scope modification and the extended feeder magazine already attached. Although in appearance the magazine tube on La Longue Carabine is smaller than that on a cowboy repeater with an extended magazine, they have the same capacity.
Durability[edit | edit source]
La Longue Carabine can fire a total of about 745 standard rounds, the equivalent of 68 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & JFP||745||68|
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Cowboy repeater - The standard variant found in the wasteland.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|La Longue Carabine||35||75.4||2.15||x1.5||35||24||1.5||0.05||11||745||5||1500||300||25||5|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- It is carried by Corporal Sterling, a member of NCR's 1st Recon, in Camp McCarran. If the quest Three-Card Bounty has been completed, he and 1st Recon will move to Camp Forlorn Hope.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- La Longue Carabine is a French phrase meaning "The Long Carbine." It is a reference to the James Fenimore Cooper novel The Last of the Mohicans, in which the main character, Hawkeye, is given the French nickname La Longue Carabine by the Huron tribe for his famed marksmanship.
- Paul Fish modeled and textured the rifle.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes it will be impossible to switch ammunition types, even when a particular ammunition type has been exhausted. This is resolvable by dropping, or storing the weapon on a companion, and then reequipping it. Though it may still not be possible to switch ammunition types while equipped.[verified]
- Playstation 3 When aiming it will sometimes display a random assortment of colors in an odd pattern.[verified]