| ||For other characters named Kyle, see Kyle.|
Kyle is a resident of Diamond City. Like many other residents, he fears that his family and friends might be replaced by synths. After leaving the Diamond City market cell (e.g. fast traveling away or entering Home Plate or any other interior or exterior cell), upon returning to the Diamond City market, the Sole Survivor will encounter Kyle accusing Riley, his brother, of being a synth at gunpoint.
The Diamond City security officers kill Kyle after he refuses to put his weapon away. Alternatively, the Sole Survivor can intervene by killing Kyle. Afterward, an officer will complement the Sole Survivor's shooting ability and praise them for taking action. Riley will thank the Sole Survivor for saving him.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character has no special interactions.|
After the situation is resolved, if the Sole Survivor talks with the Diamond City security officer, it is possible to ask Kyle about what happened. One of the options is a Charisma check.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Padded blue jacket
|Pipe pistol||Squirrel bits
- The city does not become hostile if the player character intervenes by killing Kyle. Doing this will cause some different guard dialogue when addressing the people who watched.
- This does not work the other way around. If Riley is attacked, Kyle will instantly be shot and the city will become hostile.
- Using the Intimidation perk to force Kyle to stand down will still result in him being shot, with no additional dialogue.
- Upon death, Riley has neither Institute items nor a synth component on his corpse, indicating that Kyle falsely suspected Riley of being a synth.
- If spawned via console commands, he will attack Diamond City guards on sight and will be attacked by them.
Kyle appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC If the player character is fast enough and has rank four of the Pickpocket perk, they can steal the gun or their ammo from the officer that shoots Kyle. If this is done, nothing will happen until the player character shoots Kyle. The player character can, however, still interact with the residents.[verified]
- PC With rank four of the Pickpocket perk, you can also steal Kyle's gun. Kyle will then put his fists up instead of his gun. The officers will still tell Kyle to lower his weapon and he will still be killed.[verified]
- PC Rarely, the guard that shoots Kyle will refuse to address the town, and attempting to talk to him, will state that he is busy. This will cause all shops to be shut down.[verified]