The knife spear is a two-handed Melee weapon often carried by the ghost people of the Sierra Madre. It is constructed by duct-taping four cosmic knives to the end of a broomstick handle.
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Mauler outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The knife spear can successfully strike about 1995 times from full condition before breaking.
This weapon can be crafted by the player character.
cosmic knife (3)
duct tape (1)
Dead Money add-on
Knife spear (1)
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Knife spear||20||37.9||x1.5 limb||1.89||x1||20||35||1.1||1995||3||55||18.3||25||2|
|Knife spear clean||25||47.4||x3 limb||1.89||x1.2||25||35||1.4||1995||3||55||18.3||25||2|
|Throwing knife spear||42||20.2||x2 limb||0.48||x1||42||28||3||4995||0.65||25||38.5||25||1|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- They can commonly be found on ghost people, particularly harvesters and seekers.
- One can be found in the area outside the Villa police station, impaling a skeleton by a fountain near the wide staircase leading to the station.
- baseball bat: [verified]
Due to the knife spear being a re-skin of the
- Enemy blood on the spear will be floating off of the surface.
- The player character's palm will be stretched out. This happens with the baseball bat but because the bat is bigger than the spear, it can not normally be seen.
- The knife spear can, due to an unknown bug, disappear in the third person point of view, but reappear in the first person point of view. Although the knife spear disappears in the third person point of view, it can still be usable in combat as if the knife spear is still there active. (Reloading a previous save does not fix this issue, nor does dropping the knife spear (even though in third person point of view, it appears on the ground, it will disappear again when equipping it). [verified]