| ||For an overview of knife models in the Fallout series of games, see knife.|
The knife appears to be a rusty kitchen knife.
The knife can successfully strike about 500 times from full condition before breaking.
- Ant's Sting - Obtained by siding with the AntAgonizer in The Superhuman Gambit, Ant's Sting is slightly stronger than the regular knife, and deals poison damage over time.
- Slasher knife - Appears in Tranquility Lane and can only be obtained outside of the simulation through console commands.
- Ritual knife - Even more powerful than the Ant's Sting, the ritual knife only uses 12 AP for each V.A.T.S. attack.
- Toy knife - Using even less AP than the ritual knife, 10 compared to 12, the toy knife uses the lowest amount of AP for any weapon in Fallout 3. However, it does very little damage, much less than the regular knife.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Knives can be found on random wastelanders and raiders, in kitchens of abandoned homes, hospitals and many other places across the Wastelands.