“All right, here's the deal. Junktown, it ain't what it used to be. The only reason it's still here is because of my gambling establishment. Even so, Killian's been breathing down my neck, and I'm starting to take it personal. And that's where you come in, slick.”— Gizmo
|Side Quest: Kill Killian|
|Speak to Gizmo. (optional)|
|Go to Darkwaters General Store and kill Killian.|
|Report back to Gizmo.|
|Reward: 650 XP|
There are two ways this quest can be started:
- While doing the Get Gizmo's confession quest, the Vault Dweller has the option to record Gizmo hiring them to kill Killian Darkwater for him. Gizmo will ask the Vault Dweller to return with the dog tags Killian wears around his neck as proof of his death. If the Vault Dweller does kill their mark, it'll anger all the guards of Junktown, who will attack them on sight thereafter.
- The Vault Dweller can also plant plastic explosives behind him or use super stimpaks (if they have enough, that is) to overdose Killian. In both cases the Junktown guards won't be angered.
- The Vault Dweller will also get the reward for this quest if Kenji successfully assassinates Killian. The Vault Dweller can help Kenji without getting involved in the fight themselves, e.g. by stealing Killian's weapon and stimpaks just before Kenji initiates combat, or by standing in the door so that the guards standing outside won't be able to enter.
No matter the method chosen, retrieving the dog tags from Killian's corpse and bringing them to Gizmo completes the quest.
- It is impossible to steal the dog tags.
- If the player talks to Gizmo too many times after being hired by him, he will inform them that he's hired someone else and will attack the player.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.