Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
|Minutemen radiant quest: Kidnapped Trader|
|Speak to the leader of the settlement.|
|Travel to the prisoner's location.|
|Free the prisoner.||Pay the ransom.|
|Report your success to the leader of the settlement.|
|Reward: ~100 caps|
|Reward: 200+ XP|
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This quest can be periodically obtained when entering a settlement with a supply line to another settlement in place. The settlement leader will inform the Sole Survivor that one of their traders has been kidnapped for ransom by a group of raiders, super mutants, or Gunners.
There are two ways to proceed: the Sole Survivor can give the settlement leader enough caps to pay the ransom, completing the quest immediately, or they can offer to rescue the trader. If the kidnapped trader is not rescued or the ransom paid within 3 days of talking to the settlers, the trader will be killed and the quest will fail. Time is of the essence.
To rescue the kidnapped trader, the Sole Survivor must travel to the enemy hideout and locate them. They are often behind a locked door or gate deep in the hideout, and reaching them can prove quite dangerous. Killing the trader by accident will fail the quest, so the Sole Survivor should proceed with caution. After reaching the trader and talking to them, they will be freed and begin trying to return home. The quest can still fail if they die at this point, so the Sole Survivor may wish to escort them, especially if the area has not been fully cleared. After completing the rescue, the Sole Survivor can talk to the settlement leader to receive thanks and a reward of ~100 caps.
Settlements asking for help[edit | edit source]
Possible prisoner locations[edit | edit source]
- Back Street Apparel
- BADTFL regional office
- Big John's Salvage
- Breakheart Banks
- Camp Kendall
- Coast Guard Pier
- D.B. Technical High School
- Drug den
- Dunwich Borers
- East Boston Preparatory School
- Easy City Downs
- Fallon's department store
- Faneuil Hall
- Federal ration stockpile
- Gunners plaza
- Gwinnett Brewery
- Hardware Town
- Hub City Auto Wreckers
- Medford Memorial Hospital
- Monsignor Plaza
- Nordhagen Beach
- Parkview Lounge
- Revere Beach station
- Saugus Ironworks
- Scrap Palace
- The Shamrock Taphouse
- Shaw High School
- Tenpines Bluff
- Wilson Atomatoys corporate HQ
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Companion reactions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This quest will only be given for settlements with a population of at least 2 (one leader and one trader).
- With the Nuka World add-on installed, this quest will not be given for settlements that have been captured or subdued by the Nuka-World raiders.
- The death of the settlement leader will result in the quest failing.
- Although this is technically a Minutemen quest, it can be obtained before joining the Minutemen. If the Sole Survivor has joined the Minutemen, the quest dialogue will include mentions of the Minutemen; this dialogue is omitted otherwise. This trait is shared with the other settlement-related quests.
- After failing the quest, the dead body of the kidnapped trader can still be found in the enemy hideout.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Xbox One If this quest appears in Sanctuary Hills and you accept it, the marker will only lead to a pack brahmin that cannot be interacted with. [verified]
- PC In certain locations, NPCs might spawn in inaccessible locations (for instance, Roger Warwick at Warwick homestead might spawn inside the water cistern). This bug is shared with the other settlement quests.[verified]
- PC This can be resolved by using the console command targetID.moveto player to teleport the NPC in question.
- The Warwick homestead example can be resolved by building stairs into the cistern and a bell outside of it. Using the bell and waiting for an in-game hour (using the Wait option) will cause the NPCs to spawn near the bell.